Anti-handlers need not check in ...

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cocoa, my g aureostiata (pulchripes for the purists) molted early this week and he's gettin' to be a big boy - I re-housed him in a larger container today and took the opportunity to get a pose. Yeah, I think handling Ts is a big deal. And yes, I'm careful ... please note the soft flat surface my hand and forearm are resting on.

To all of you "handlers" ... :clap::clap::clap:

Let me state my intention another way - I'd love to hear from (and see) other handlers!!!! ...

Whatever, this one's for all of you ...

IMG_0247.jpg

Last edited:

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You mean Grammostola pulchripes for those who care enough about this hobby to use the correct name.

Cute spider.

Cass

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dont quite get the intention to provoque...
Post the picture, period. No need to make a big deal.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow thats amazing, handling a Grammostola pulchripes:worship:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice pulchripes....and looks unstressed and very healthy! From another occasional handler on board.

Cheers,

Terry

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool pic. Nice t you have there.

Dont quite get the intention to provoque...
Post the picture, period. No need to make a big deal.
I guess some didn't understand the part about Anti-handlers not checking in.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess some didn't understand the part about Anti-handlers not checking in.
yeah well, the OP didn't have to word the thread title like that either. they could have just as easily stated they did not want a handling debate in their thread. it probably wouldn't have happened seeing as a handling debate went down how many days ago? anyway, the OP should be open to constructive criticism posting in an open forum for all to see anyway (but thats not the point).

the obvious title is worded in a way that seems like it is looking to provoke a response, imo. and trust me, i'm not that against handling (if precautions are taken, which it looks like the OP is doing) so if i think this, others probably do too.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now I see the OP is making fun of my typo when I posted "provoque". (See the "edit" on the first post)

How clever are you,Killy... Its gotta be really hard to make fun of a foreigner typos. :rolleyes:

Done with this thread.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey ya'll, I believe the op edited the portion of the original post that might seem provocative. I didn't entirely take it that way with exception of the neeners icon {D. However, I'll bet they meant it moreso in a fun way. Relax. ;P :)

Terry

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I get haired sometimes but I love my Brachypelma.
This is one of my favorite ladies.
Also, if its a picture thread this may get moved.
I noticed you welcomed handling discussion.
Have I seen specific handling threads before? :rolleyes:
Perhaps.

Wow thats amazing, handling a Grammostola pulchripes:worship:
You're horrible, LOL

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
you guys are confused. The OP hasnt posted anything except the first post.

I take that back. i was confused.

Last edited:

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes but you know of course they're dissecting what he meant,
insinuated, deciphering what he really meant, what he corrected, re-corrected, did 10 yrs ago..
you know.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'm not. the intentions of this thread's title alone look like it is a way to provoke "anti-handlers", imo. again, i'm not saying i feel strongly about it either way as long as the owner is being responsible and Ts arent getting hurt (admittedly, i on rare occasion handle my G. rosea, but my take on the entire thing is a bit dicey).

especially after the edit, it seems like the OP is trying to provoke certain people's responses. but, then again, that is just my take.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Provoque....I like that... It looks classier than provoke....

Anyways OP...Yeah, this thread would rub some people the wrong way with how you had it worded. I don't endose handling but you seem to be doing it correctly.
Also...Very cool tarantula . I'll have to consider getting one. :clap:

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah well, the OP didn't have to word the thread title like that either.
Oooooh they hittin' on meeeee!!!:eek:

Malev, you're probably right, and after reading these posts I agree that I badly botched the title - but I can't unring that bell ...

I should have titled it something like "SAY IT LOUD - I HANDLE AND I'M PROUD!" or maybe even something totally meek and mild like, "I like handling my Ts - how boutchoo" -

And Fran, I apologize for being an agent provocateur, if that's what I was sounding like. Didn't mean to.

Okay, can we all be friends? (Like me and my Ts, pleeze).

And to those of you that responded in the manner I intended - BIG HAIRY SMOOCHES TO YOU! Keep 'em coming - I like, no LOVE, to hear and see handling stories.

Peace, love, and T-DREEMZ !!

Killy the ProvoKateur