ANTHIA tigerbeetles

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
OK, i'll will get mine at about 4 weeks, so does anybody has had some tigerbeetle experience???
I've had about 5 years ago another anthia species but they were my first invertables, so i didn't knew much about them, just got lucky at my first insectfair and bought the only tigerbeetles there availble :D I kept those alive for about 1+1/2 year but didn't had any breeding succes, now i know why, the larves are kanibalistic and eat eachother right after beeing birth.

So does anybody has any advice considering these awsome beetle species

all info is wellcome

greetz

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
take some sticks and drill hiles all the way through each one hen let one crawl in each one

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
scratch that all u have to do is get a deep easily penetrating substrate and let them dig holes put crickets in and the larvae will ambush them.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know this is an old thread, but exactly how deep does the substrate have to be?

What do the conditions have to be like for them to lay eggs?

Care for the pupae?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the anthias i had years ago were setup w/fairly deep substrate about 4-5"deep sandy soil mixture,lots of room to roam,multible hiding retreats,they mated like crazy, but never saw the females deposit any eggs at all,and if there were eggs they never hatched ofcourse,so there must be something else for them to make it work,i'm getting more so we'll see,can't give up:drool: these beetles rock! now gotta get me some MANTICORAS the holy grail of large predatory beetles:worship:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
beetleman said:
the anthias i had years ago were setup w/fairly deep substrate about 4-5"deep sandy soil mixture,lots of room to roam,multible hiding retreats,they mated like crazy, but never saw the females deposit any eggs at all,and if there were eggs they never hatched ofcourse,so there must be something else for them to make it work,i'm getting more so we'll see,can't give up:drool: these beetles rock! now gotta get me some MANTICORAS the holy grail of large predatory beetles:worship:

Yeah...I think we have the same source, but I'm not going to buy until I know how to breed them.