ant queen

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A testube is the best set-up. A picture would be nice too.

(---water---/cotton/---emtpy space---/cotton/

MisIDing an ant is one of the most common mistakes, can you descride your ant/where you live? If it still has wings, it has most likely not been mated. (Though this isn't always the case)

As far as feeding goes, knowing the species will help with that. The smaller the abdomen/thorax, the higher the chance your species is semi-claustrel, meaning some queens leave their first burrows to search for food.

AntyBarbie

Arachnopeon
Ahhh a Queen Ant!

I am dabbling in the fine ants myself.
I found a website, The Antfarm and Myrmecology Forum...Basically ANTS!
http://antfarm.yuku.com/directory

If you go there, be prepared for some rules most sites don't bother with, such as grammar and spelling...
Proper use and spelling of words is required or they will get you. Lots of great info.

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am dabbling in the fine ants myself.
I found a website, The Antfarm and Myrmecology Forum...Basically ANTS!
http://antfarm.yuku.com/directory

If you go there, be prepared for some rules most sites don't bother with, such as grammar and spelling...
Proper use and spelling of words is required or they will get you. Lots of great info.
That's my favorite forum. I'm 123Lord Of Ants123. Been there for a few years, just haven't posted in awhile. Watch out for antdude....he's been grammar crazy for the past 10 months...

v1641

Arachnopeon
When you have found an ant queen and if you are an ant lover, then it is definitely a good find. But you need to give some special attention to it because it is not like any other insect species. One important issue is how to keep the ant. Usually the safest way is to keep the ants in the test tube with some water and cotton. Feeding them is yet another critical issue because you need to know the species then you can find it easy.