Ant Problem!!

Do you have problems with ants?

• Yes!!!

• No!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

SolFeliz

Arachnosquire
So I have one Giant hissing Roach, and we have a significant problem with ants. They move into the box we keep him in, eat all the food and generally annoy him and us. I have seen him, many times, hiss repeatedly because they are running over his face. Has this happened to you, and if so, what did you do to get rid of them?? Obviously, I can't use any insect killer, and we've used cayenne pepper around the box and that didn't work. Any suggestions are helpful.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had good results with Terro liquid ant baits. http://www.terro.com/terro-liquid-ant-baits-2-pack

The active ingredient is just borax, so they are safe to use in the same room as my inverts. They don't get rid of the ants instantly, the way conventional pesticide sprays do - but if you have a little patience, they have better long-term results. The ants carry the bait back to the colony and within a few days the ant colony will start to die out. With conventional sprays - even without the concern for accidentally poisoning your pets - they only work on the ants that you spray directly. The colony will continue sending more ants if they've found something like food or water to attract them to your roach enclosure.

SolFeliz

Arachnosquire
I've had good results with Terro liquid ant baits. http://www.terro.com/terro-liquid-ant-baits-2-pack

The active ingredient is just borax, so they are safe to use in the same room as my inverts. They don't get rid of the ants instantly, the way conventional pesticide sprays do - but if you have a little patience, they have better long-term results. The ants carry the bait back to the colony and within a few days the ant colony will start to die out. With conventional sprays - even without the concern for accidentally poisoning your pets - they only work on the ants that you spray directly. The colony will continue sending more ants if they've found something like food or water to attract them to your roach enclosure.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot!!

Ran

Arachnoknight
If you put baby powder where the ants are coming in (where walls meet floors) this makes a great deterrent as it acts as razor blades toward them. Just make sure to not let the powder get near your arthropods as it will affect them too.