Ant id

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Those workers aren't the same species as the queen. They're Lasius interjectus or L. umbratus, the queen you found is P. imparis.

Even if they were the same species most ants rarely accept a queen that isn't their own, no matter what steps you take to introduce them.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Those workers aren't the same species as the queen. They're Lasius interjectus or L. umbratus, the queen you found is P. imparis.

Even if they were the same species most ants rarely accept a queen that isn't their own, no matter what steps you take to introduce them.
The workers do look very much like L. umbratus, but to me the queen doesn't look like prenolepis imparis queens I've seen. What characteristics are you using to identify (not questioning the ID but would like to know for future reference).

If it's a P. imparis queens and you've still got her, she ought to be able to set up shop on her own, if I'm not mistaken. Seeing as they're everywhere, I bet the conditions aren't too hard to meet.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
If you compare it to other pictures of P. imparis queens you can see that's what it is. It's paler than some P. imparis queens, but they vary a lot. It also has a relatively small abdomen (not as small as a socially parasitic Lasius but smaller then a fresh P. imparis queen) but that makes sense considering that it's been a number of weeks since P. imparis were flying in most parts of the country.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I appreciate the help guys I have here in a test tube hopefully she'll start a colony and I'm keeping my eyes open for other species as well