ant colony living in houseplants?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Do these cause harm ? They are not located anywhere near my t room .
Don’t know if there’s a queen 👸 👑
Or if it’s a temporary colony

Last edited:

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I’ve never had an ant problem, and I don’t know enough about them to give you 100% correct advice. I’m sure species plays a big role as well. But I do know however I don’t personally trust the lil buggers and I’d be for re-locating them out of my house. I’ve seen the destruction a colony can do. I wouldn’t trust them with T’s in my house.

zoeyw

Arachnopeon
I just love and hate ants. Sounds strange, but true. I am fascinated by the varieties, their nest building abilities, the speed at which they populate nests(geometric progression model I sometimes feel), their insane weight carrying capacity, team work, ability to recycle material etc. What also amazes me in the speed at which they evacuate their eggs when you expose them to sunlight(like when you lift a pot). I also just hate the speed and sheer number of eggs that appear in my plants. I hate spraying poisons as I have babies, kids and dogs around. I leave them alone mostly, but I have got rid of plants in the past, just so I didn't have to see the eggs. Sigh.