Another weird abdomen on a adult T. spinipes

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hah, mine is doind better too.
This looks like a joke but, she has been really "thirsrty" lately, which I helped with the humidifier on for 3 days straight.
Now she seems better, and hopefully we will have a molt withint the next month or so.

PS: My mature male true blondi just did a huge sperm web {D...Is party time

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hah, mine is doind better too.
This looks like a joke but, she has been really "thirsrty" lately, which I helped with the humidifier on for 3 days straight.
Now she seems better, and hopefully we will have a molt withint the next month or so.

PS: My mature male true blondi just did a huge sperm web {D...Is party time
They both drank a lot.... Sammy acted like she never had a drink in her life??? I am going to put the water bowl in a easier location for her!!!! That MM T. blondi was....can I say......a awesome pick up!!! Just got the box Fran, opening in 3 mins!!!!!

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They both drank a lot.... Sammy acted like she never had a drink in her life??? I am going to put the water bowl in a easier location for her!!!! That MM T. blondi was....can I say......a awesome pick up!!! Just got the box Fran, opening in 3 mins!!!!!
great!!!

Yeah, they both are acting exactly the same way and funny enought around the same size and at the same time.
really strange :confused:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
great!!!

Yeah, they both are acting exactly the same way and funny enought around the same size and at the same time.
really strange :confused:
I agree, you never see this in MM's or younger ones....??? All big females?

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wonderful!! It has happened to my t spinipes male! I thought it was a rare treat to see my male out wandering around and gave him a good look over and then it hit me. I hope the pics turned out alright, if they did you can see it. It goes out, up, and down even. He hasn't eaten for over a month no either. Thought it was premolt but now I think different
See the pruple color too it. Good thing he flicks hairs like no other. I'll get some more pics after I post this. Help guys

Arachnus

Arachnopeon
Glad to see Sammy is doing better!(2)

long live wonderfull creatures ehheehhe!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I do see a lump on the one pic, but the darkening to me looks to be pre-molt or about to molt....that is how all my burgundy's look before a molt.

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do see a lump on the one pic, but the darkening to me looks to be pre-molt or about to molt....that is how all my burgundy's look before a molt.
Can't capture it's real look without getting haired and or bitten

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was thinking the same thing.
I have a Theraphosa blondi/burgundy now too Rob. Big 8" girl. How common is this abscess thing?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was thinking the same thing.
I have a Theraphosa blondi/burgundy now too Rob. Big 8" girl. How common is this abscess thing?
I have never had one till maybe now. And im not sure what it is. My T seems fine, she had a sudden change on her abdomen looking like a hunch...Spent 3 days on the water dish with the humidifier on since maybe what, Tuesday?

Now she seems fine...But lets see.

About that picture im with Rob, that does "seem" like a regular darkening Theraphosa molt stage.

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have never had one till maybe now. And im not sure what it is. My T seems fine, she had a sudden change on her abdomen looking like a hunch...Spent 3 days on the water dish with the humidifier on since maybe what, Tuesday?

Now she seems fine...But lets see.

About that picture im with Rob, that does "seem" like a regular darkening Theraphosa molt stage.
WEird, I noticed his water bowl dried up pretty fast. he got some bedding in there too so it sucked it up. Put a bit of water in through the top today not much and was moist bedding when I realized the bump. Filled it up and he is still hovered over it. There is a lump there, it is pretty big too. I will keep everyone updated with this, I hope you guys are right. Thanks!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Okay guys, a little update....I went to check on Sammy (I was planning on putting her back in her cage tonight) and found her molting right side up in her ICU container. She pushed up against a corner, facing towards it and her legs are under her a bit. She's still working on molting, I can see her attempting to pull her legs out but I don't know if she'll be able to. If I absolutely have to, I will turn her over but I'd really rather not have to do that, the risk is too great but I won't let her get stuck if I think that's what's happening. For now, I'm just keeping a VERY close eye on her....will update again when I know more.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay guys, a little update....I went to check on Sammy (I was planning on putting her back in her cage tonight) and found her molting right side up in her ICU container. She pushed up against a corner, facing towards it and her legs are under her a bit. She's still working on molting, I can see her attempting to pull her legs out but I don't know if she'll be able to. If I absolutely have to, I will turn her over but I'd really rather not have to do that, the risk is too great but I won't let her get stuck if I think that's what's happening. For now, I'm just keeping a VERY close eye on her....will update again when I know more.
Oh man! Hope she pulls through it.. Post some pictures if you can get some without bothering her to much..

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh man! Hope she pulls through it.. Post some pictures if you can get some without bothering her to much..
I had a bit of luck, since she was in ICU on a towel I was able to VERY slowly pull the towels with her on it and in turn her legs are not in position under her....they are stretched out. I then with the upmost precision BARELY move her right leg out so it was in a better position for her to molt. I have no idea what else could be done. She has made a little progress...but a 10" T is going to take a while for her to molt!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I did intervene, I believe she is really stuck, I got her on her back because there is no way she was molting in her current sate...I guess time will tell.

[youtube]LDr3RneJ99E[/youtube]

[youtube]M9B1TP3BsMI[/youtube]

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Holy Rob, I was chewing my fingers watching those vids like a normal person does watching a spider horror movie. The suspense is killing me over here; I can't imagine how you guys feel. Been hoping for Sammy's health ever since you posted the thread. Fingers crossed that she pulls through the night and comes out huge! At least she drank all that water before...
Good luck.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hello! This is Rob's wife. I just wanted to give you all an update - Rob is currently cutting the old exo off of Sammy. It appears that her cuticles at the base of her legs had hardened and she couldn't pull her legs out of her old exo. We'll post more info shortly. He's nearly finished now and it appears that he's gotten most of the exo off.