Another usps tragedy

teamster6

Arachnopeon
Well pretty bumped had a 3 inch emelia delivered this morning and this is what I found. There was 3 spiders in this shipment includeing another 3 inch one that was fine. The third was a tiny sling.

Dont understand it they were packaged excellant and express shipping. Bad day.

t6

Attachments

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
:( So sorry; very hard to look at this. I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like an emilia to me. Don't they have the "pac man" pattern on the carapace?

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Look to be really well fed! I try not to ship T s with huge abdomens for fear of this! So sorry!

teamster6

Arachnopeon
:( So sorry; very hard to look at this. I'm no expert, but that doesn't look like an emilia to me. Don't they have the "pac man" pattern on the carapace?
I noticed that too tgirl but the other spider sent was labled as a B Klaasi and though it looks like it needs to moult real bad the carapace on it is light and not completely black.

I have never seen a emelia before but had noted the black triangel on the carapace but wondered if maybe juveniles dont have the pattern early on.

My first reaction was it looks like a klassi so I am confused

t6

Attachments

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Bummer... Looks like the klassi that got it and the last pic is the emilia.
There's an added inherent risk in shipping really fat T's no matter how well they're packed...

Bill

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes this is hard to look at... I kinda had a bad day at work so i know how ya feel.

SpiderDan92

Arachnopeon
Im sorry for your loss :(
Im new to T's, but from the first pic it looks like B. Albopilosum :confused:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The first thing I thought when I saw the first pic was B. klaasi. I don't see B. albopilosum at all.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Question...Was the package marked fragile or handle with care? If so I hate to say that is the WORST thing a shipper can right on a package. Two of my current co-workers used to work for USPS and have told me that if the people who do the sorting see that written on a package they purposely whip it or throw it...to be funny I guess. My one co-worker said while she was on the sorter line she saw someone actually drop-kick a package marked fragile! It really sucks whether that was the case or not. You get so excited to get them and then see that. It's heartbreaking. So for any of those here that do use USPS please don't mark the package fragile or handle with care cause you'd probably be asking for trouble no matter how well it's packed.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Question...Was the package marked fragile or handle with care? If so I hate to say that is the WORST thing a shipper can right on a package. Two of my current co-workers used to work for USPS and have told me that if the people who do the sorting see that written on a package they purposely whip it or throw it...to be funny I guess. My one co-worker said while she was on the sorter line she saw someone actually drop-kick a package marked fragile! It really sucks whether that was the case or not. You get so excited to get them and then see that. It's heartbreaking. So for any of those here that do use USPS please don't mark the package fragile or handle with care cause you'd probably be asking for trouble no matter how well it's packed.
If you pack like I and many others do you should be able to play a game of soccer with the package and the T arrive healthy and alive.

Weird_Arachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm very sorry for your loss :( Poor guy.

I love it how the delivery guys toss packages around without a care in the world; and heaven forbid you do the same with their own mail.

I remember I went to ship a T and I told them to mark it fragile. After everything was processed, this heifer turned around and tossed it in the "to go out bin". I was like WTF. I mean the package carelessly rolled off her finger tips and rolled into the bin. I'm like "HEY CAREFUL WITH THAT! CANT YOU READ WHAT YOU JUST STAMPED 'FRAGILE!'" She just blinked and called "next". I had to wooo-saaa.

Un-f***ing-believable.

Thankfully the T arrived safe and unharmed.

Last edited:

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
USPS Tragedy

This is the second thread of late that wants to bring USPS into a bad light. Without getting into the whole legality issue, there are millions of packages shipped every day via several carriers. With this many packages moving anything can happen on any given day, the positive results far outnumber the bad ones. Usps seems to be the most favorable carrier because of costs. When shipping live animals deaths do happen, could be reptiles, insects or arachnids. If shipped express the T should be covered by LAG. Bottom line let's quit bashing USPS every time something happens, because the same people doing this whine real loud about the cost of alternate shipping.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
This is the second thread of late that wants to bring USPS into a bad light. Without getting into the whole legality issue, there are millions of packages shipped every day via several carriers. With this many packages moving anything can happen on any given day, the positive results far outnumber the bad ones. Usps seems to be the most favorable carrier because of costs. When shipping live animals deaths do happen, could be reptiles, insects or arachnids. If shipped express the T should be covered by LAG. Bottom line let's quit bashing USPS every time something happens, because the same people doing this whine real loud about the cost of alternate shipping.
i don't think it's just the T issues though when my mom used to run her store (she made canned goods like jellies prevserves soups stuff like that) they always broke her jars to the point where they were layered in so much bubble wrap it was insane and they still managed to break them we lost so much money in replacements that we shut the store down and now only sell locally but i think it's more risky with living things than a jar of jelly

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aww, that's sad. The deceased looks like the klaasi. Hard to see the carapace of the other, could be an emelia. You can appreciate the 'V' on emelia carapace from the time they are tiny.

Did you have LAG?

teamster6

Arachnopeon
Aww, that's sad. The deceased looks like the klaasi. Hard to see the carapace of the other, could be an emelia. You can appreciate the 'V' on emelia carapace from the time they are tiny.

Did you have LAG?
no lag on this one. You know there is a possibility they were both klaasi's as there was no triangle on the carapace.

t6

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I never complain about the cost of express shipping. its the price you have to pay to make sure you T arrives SAFELY not with a caved in abdomen. It is all USPS fault and its BS how they carelessly take care of packages. LEGAL OR NOT! Say you have a 1 of a kind very breakable item that is priceless and you ship it and it broke because they tossed it around, how would you feel? This goes for any delivery company. UPS and fed ex do it to. I have received none breakable items from them and the boxes would be smashed and its RIDICULOUS!

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I never complain about the cost of express shipping. its the price you have to pay to make sure you T arrives SAFELY not with a caved in abdomen. It is all USPS fault and its BS how they carelessly take care of packages. LEGAL OR NOT! Say you have a 1 of a kind very breakable item that is priceless and you ship it and it broke because they tossed it around, how would you feel? This goes for any delivery company. UPS and fed ex do it to. I have received none breakable items from them and the boxes would be smashed and its RIDICULOUS!
If you can't live with the fact that things do happen, HAND DELIVER THE PACKAGE! If this is not an option start your own delivery company and let us know your track record over a year. We are fortunate to have the luxury of inexpensive shipping but they do offer insurance for a reason.