Another Unexpected Surprise! :]

davisfam

Arachnoknight
The other night we noticed that our new little female Schizocosa avida had closed up her burrow and sure enough, the next morning.. this is what we found! :D

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Aww! Congratulations! She's a beauty, and I'm sure she'll be a great mom!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey way to go! For many years(decades) I passed on keeping wolf spiders but a few positive things somebody said to me made me to decide to keep one and I was surprised, they are interesting to watch, good hunters. When I was a kid, I'd pour water down holes in a field looking for tarantulas and was disappointed every time I saw a wolf spider come up instead of a tarantula. Just a bad perspective all these years I guess. Is that one native?, backyard spider?

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Vespula; Thanks! We appreciate the kind words and we agree, she seems to be doing GREAT and will be a fabulous Mama Wolfiie! :D

Hey way to go! For many years(decades) I passed on keeping wolf spiders but a few positive things somebody said to me made me to decide to keep one and I was surprised, they are interesting to watch, good hunters. When I was a kid, I'd pour water down holes in a field looking for tarantulas and was disappointed every time I saw a wolf spider come up instead of a tarantula. Just a bad perspective all these years I guess. Is that one native?, backyard spider?
- THANKS! We appreciate our Wolfiies soo much and love ALL the different species we stumble across. This specimen was caught in our backyard here in central Florida. Wolfiies are def. fantastic spidiies and we LOVE owning them; awesome feeders and most are extremely active. By far, our favorite! ;)