Another sad day in tarantula's life

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pictures describe everything. Took these photos in a pet store.... Not to mantion the water dishes were full of dirt, boluses and without water. Just have to hate pet stores since they keep other animals so clean and on proper grounds, but tarantulas they don't care.:mad::wall::(:evil:

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you tried informing them that they can make their enclosures less expensive and less work by just putting in eco earth, a hide and a water dish. And tell them to clean the water dish! Give them your wisdome! lol

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, I did that. I hope it worked, we'll see when I get there soon again to grab some things.:)

jrzyspider

Arachnopeon
Buy him and take him home! Sad part is they'll just put another one in the same situation.

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
reptileforums.co.uk/forums/spiders-inverts/664692-bought-t-cold-blooded-rainham.html thats one of my r.f posts that got closed recently to protect the owner/whoever works there etc. It doesnt really work posting it on forums unfortunately as it ruffles feathers and rocks boats. I will say the very best conditions i saw t's in was paws for thought in leeds, they had a life of riley in there! Then i went to another shop that was keeping them without water bowls at all, i understand it with arboreals to a certain degree but there were grammostola and acanthoscurria dry as ghandi's flip flop and dishless. Im not going to bang on and on cos it usually ends up with someone getting put on the naughty step. There are better ways to deal with it hopefully and i will let you know if i find one that works. Im with you on this one, its disgraceful to keep any animal in a dangerous environment or dying of thirst. we will just have to keep ribbing the owners for now :wall:

jgod790

Arachnoknight
Never be afraid to speak your mind. There is a local pet shop where I live called "Pets Plus" Its pretty much just your typical Petco/Pet smart type store. I dont buy pets from them, and I dont even like buying crickets from them, but the only good pet shop around me is kind of a far hike to go to if Im just getting a dozen crickets. So I went in to get some crickets, and they usually dont have tarantulas, but they just recently got some. So I looked, and they had a G rosea and it was climbing on the walls and staying up there. Because they had the enclosure SOAKING WET and G rosea will stay on the wall waiting for the substrate to dry. So I told the worker that they dont need high humidity and not to mist or wet the enclosure, and just a water dish is fine. And next time I visited I was pleased to see they took my advice and the G rosea was on the ground next time I saw it.

Unravel

Arachnosquire
what pet store was this jgod? I live near a bunch of the pets plusses, some worse than others haha

jgod790

Arachnoknight
Pets Plus in Quakertown, its right on route 309. My feelings towards them are 50/50. My G rosea I got from them 10 years ago, and she has been just fine. But I got an emperor scorpion from them, and it died with in months.