Another Rehouse Question for my A. geniculata

BassCatPIV

Arachnosquire
My A. geniculata is due for a rehome. However, he/she literally just molted this morning. Because of this, how long should I wait until I rehouse?

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
I would wait a week. Let them harden up before you put them in a new enclosure; the odds of injury are a lot higher while they climb and scope out their new home, so i would wait.

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Maybe even wait till it had its first post-molt meal. That way it's at least somewhat nourished, since it might not eat for a few weeks while settling into the new environment.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
You didn't tell us the leg span, slings harden in 3-5 days, juvies in 7-10 days, adults take 14 days minimum.

That way it's at least somewhat nourished, since it might not eat for a few weeks while settling into the new environment.
Lol, genics only refuse food for 3 reasons;

- They're in pre-moult.
- They've just moulted and haven't fully hardened yet.
- They're dead.

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
That post comes from personal experience. I have one picky eater... for a geniculata, that is... :)

BassCatPIV

Arachnosquire
So I'll rehouse next Tuesday. He/she is a juvenile. Like said above, I can tell when my a genic is in pre-molt because that's the only time when food is refused. I'm sure once I feed him next week he'll eat LOL. Now I have some time to get his new setup ready. I'm going to clean up his old enclosure and use it when my d. diamantinensis molts again.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My A. geniculata is due for a rehome. However, he/she literally just molted this morning. Because of this, how long should I wait until I rehouse?
What’s more important health of your T or a new home?

Seems like a no brainer to me