Another reason to hate crickets..

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
So i have had a few escapes from my hands and tongs. They jump away and hide somewhere. and it hasnt been much of a problem. I can usually find the ones chirping in a good ten minutes. This time i am going insane!!! :wall::wall::wall::wall:I have a door to the bathroom from my room. Its a sliding door.. and there is a cricket in the space the door goes into. He is chirping soooo loud. I didnt sleep at all tonight. I tried spraying him with lysol. no luck. hes chirping a mile per minute!! like 2-3 times per second.:eek: someone please tell me hes going to die!!! Its me or him!!! And i like breathin!!:barf: Any help with this and i will be eternaly grateful.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So i have had a few escapes from my hands and tongs. They jump away and hide somewhere. and it hasnt been much of a problem. I can usually find the ones chirping in a good ten minutes. This time i am going insane!!! :wall::wall::wall::wall:I have a door to the bathroom from my room. Its a sliding door.. and there is a cricket in the space the door goes into. He is chirping soooo loud. I didnt sleep at all tonight. I tried spraying him with lysol. no luck. hes chirping a mile per minute!! like 2-3 times per second.:eek: someone please tell me hes going to die!!! Its me or him!!! And i like breathin!!:barf: Any help with this and i will be eternaly grateful.
Yep I hate when that happens. Yes he will eventually dehydrate and die. Could take up to a week.{D

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
go get some house spiders and throw them in the crack lol

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ah yes... insert broken record statement here: That's why roaches are better!

Not only do they not chirp when they've escaped, they can't jump so they (almost) never escape! (And they don't stink and they live much longer and they don't cannibalize each other unless they're starving and they eat absolutely anything and you can micromanage their diet for best T health and...)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Ah yes... insert broken record statement here: That's why roaches are better!

Not only do they not chirp when they've escaped, they can't jump so they (almost) never escape! (And they don't stink and they live much longer and they don't cannibalize each other unless they're starving and they eat absolutely anything and you can micromanage their diet for best T health and...)
...and they're illegal to keep in Canada :(

..doesn't stop most though...:p

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
...and they're illegal to keep in Canada :(
I'd heard that but I keep forgetting. It's kind of funny that you can't keep roaches there, most tropical feeder species are so intolerant of cold they'd never survive a winter.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Give it an unwashed piece of apple and it will probably die.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
In my house we all like the sound of chirping crickets,it's a little of the outdoors indoors.After a long day at work it is relaxing.To me anyway.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
In my house we all like the sound of chirping crickets,it's a little of the outdoors indoors.After a long day at work it is relaxing.To me anyway.
I enjoy listening my 1000 chirp through the closet but when you have one that is crazy repetitive and very very loud its like nails on chalk. LOL he stopped chirping but i never got any sleep. I hope hes dead!{D

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If he's in where the door goes then close the door on him.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
its a huge space. bout and inch on each side. If i could of i would of used a flame thrower. the door hides in the wall and there is lots of room. I tried everything to shoo him away or smash him. no luck. he had the nerve to chirp at me while i pounded on the wall:clap: I know.. im comparing CRICKETS to people now.. {D

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I'd heard that but I keep forgetting. It's kind of funny that you can't keep roaches there, most tropical feeder species are so intolerant of cold they'd never survive a winter.
I am trying to breed roaches but i need pin heads for my teensy C. elegans.. I think i am going to be more careful with them now. i admit i was careless when they escaped most the time. Ill just have to stomp them dead if they fall from my hand/tongs instead of trying to recapture them alive

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe dump soapy water in there? It suficates most insects.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I dont want my house to rot from soapy water!! he was climbing the walls in there anyway. lol but hes gone now. only took a day and he croaked instead of chirping.{D

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I HATE CRICKETS. I have a bunch of pinheads for our tree frog escape and keep finding them everywhere. Then, the place I've been getting crickets from has been giving me 3X the number of crickets I ask for. I can't use them fast enough and they die stinking horribly. They use small paper bags so I didn't see the number, but I'm onto them now{D "I want X amount and no more, please. Why do they do that?:evil: They write on the bag the number I asked and I open it to find 3X more.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have an .20" Lasidora Parahybana I just picked up over the weekend. I fed it a nymph Blaptica Dubia that was near death (i crush him for the most part). Been eating it for the last day or so. i refuse to go buy crickets. i lose more money with them then i do investing in my roaches.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
My Cats catch them with the quickness. Then I take them away from them and by that time they are dead. I toss them. I fear that anything can go wrong if I feed those to my Ts due to MAYBE just maybe the cats paws have some harmful chemical from their cat litter.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
My Cats catch them with the quickness. Then I take them away from them and by that time they are dead. I toss them. I fear that anything can go wrong if I feed those to my Ts due to MAYBE just maybe the cats paws have some harmful chemical from their cat litter.
Not to mention possible insecticide from flea medicine or flea soap.