Another question about my P. murinus! :)

Nightwind

Arachnopeon
OK, I got this li'l guy as a freebie last Monday, and I had asked a question earlier which y'all answered. And now I have another. The little guy finally came down from a web it built at the very top of its vial and constructed overnight a rather elaborate burrow. Here's my question:

It has about a 0.5" leg span. It looks to me like it's going to molt. It's got a big, shiny orange hiney. However, it's still eating very enthusiastically. I put two small crickets in there yesterday evening and it pounced on and fully consumed both of them by the time I went to bed. So maybe it's not going to molt. Unless, of course, this species will eat right up until the minute it molts, maybe? Maybe not all Ts fast before molting? What do y'all think?

(I'd post pics but, unfortunately, it's pretty much the same color as its substrate, but for the slightly orange-r hiney. The pics don't come out very well.)

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most Ts do not eat prior to molting. In my experiences, my Ts have made it very blatant to me they do not want food, then molt days or weeks later.

Although P. murinus spiderlings eat usually when given food. Just keep feeding normally, until it doesn't take them anymore, then wait for a molt.

Nightwind

Arachnopeon
Although P. murinus spiderlings eat usually when given food. Just keep feeding normally, until it doesn't take them anymore, then wait for a molt.
That's kinda what I thought, but I've grown rather attached to this little rascal, even though he/she was a surprise acquisition. I call him/her "Chase" because I had to chase him/her around the kitchen when I first got him/her. I just wouldn't want to wake up one morning to find it being munched on by a cricket. :( I already feel badly enough because it lost a leg in the Great Kitchen Chase...

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most Ts do not eat prior to molting. In my experiences, my Ts have made it very blatant to me they do not want food, then molt days or weeks later.

Although P. murinus spiderlings eat usually when given food. Just keep feeding normally, until it doesn't take them anymore, then wait for a molt.- Spider-man 2

sorry for off topic.............
Dwayne !!! good to see your name again. !!!! i just mentioned your run in with Dyskenetic syndrome in another subject. .....hope all is well.back on topic............