Another Q for breeders

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm working on a paper for my special topics in career decision making and I would like a full time breeder to help me out. Basically I just need you to answer a few questions about your career. 8-10 q's at max. I'm a procrastinator so naturally waited till the last day to do it. Any help would be great!

Thanks ahead of time,
Alex

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There's really no such thing as a full time breeder, as one cannot really make a 100% living off of breeding their own tarantulas alone. Many people do a lot of business here, but the ones that truly make a living off it are the dealers.

Somewhere in the forums, there should be a list of the 'certified arachnodealers' and they should be able to help you out quite a bit.

There's also stickies at the top of the FS/FT forum and those are usually the arachnodealers :)

Last edited:

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's really no such thing as a full time breeder, as one cannot really make a 100% living off of selling tarantulas.
I have a quite literally "close" friend that is a full time dealer and actually is quite good at it.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a quite literally "close" friend that is a full time dealer and actually is quite good at it.
As far as I've been told, all of the dealers on here have a full or part time job as well.

I could be wrong...maybe I should wait for Botar or someone to clear this up for me :?

;)

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As far as I've been told, all of the dealers on here have a full or part time job as well.

I could be wrong...maybe I should wait for Botar or someone to clear this up for me :?

;)
I think that would best for now my friend :).

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
There's really no such thing as a full time breeder, as one cannot really make a 100% living off of selling tarantulas. Many people do a lot of business here.

I know someone who does it as well. He breeds and sells inverts, snakes, frogs, and lizards. They keep him busy enough, no time for a job. No monetary need for a job either.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know someone who does it as well. He breeds and sells inverts, snakes, frogs, and lizards. They keep him busy enough, no time for a job. No monetary need for a job either.
i think they said "breeder" not dealer. dealers can sell other things besides tarantulas. also they can sell spiders that others have bred. I am not aware of anyone who makes a living solely by breeding tarantulas but ... There are many people who sell exotic pets for a living however

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What I meant was exotic pet breeder weather it is tarantulas or not. I just need to talk to someone that sells exotic animals for a living.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think that would best for now my friend :).
I know exactly who you are talking about. He just happens to be in your home state:p LOL
He does breed some species but alot of what he sells are actually bred by ordinary pee on hobbyists like myself ;)

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah...I should have clarified, I was using the term 'dealer' and 'breeder' interchangably...which they're not.

By breeder, I meant someone who soley sells the animals they produce, doesn't dabble in imports, doesn't buy wholesale from hobbiests and doesn't sell retail.

I guess I assumed that was everyone else's definition, as well. :?

I was talking purely from the perspective of any hobbiest who only breeds the stock they have.

I edited my original post for clarification.

Sorry for any confusion.