another P. trans molt

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Already, another P. transvaalicus molt. This was the last one to molt out of 3 P. trans the last time they all molted. It just molted, and this time it did so before the other two molted. A male. Chela a lot bigger this time. Not much growth with this molt.

Aillith

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love the way in which they exit their old exo. eg. your second pic.

Always makes me think of a random scene from a random alien movie.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks. Always feel like I'm getting a new animal when that happens. Adulthood? I don't know:? . I lost count of instars. This is the first time I've kept this species. I don't know how to tell when they turn adult. How can I tell?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks. Always feel like I'm getting a new animal when that happens. Adulthood? I don't know:? . I lost count of instars. This is the first time I've kept this species. I don't know how to tell when they turn adult. How can I tell?
adult male P.trans will have a bulbous chela on their last molt.

Your pics looks like a male P.trans but I could be wrong because I'm only looking at a picture.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You're right it is a male. And the chela weren't nearly as bulbous as they are now after the molt. I had read that but, even though they are a lot more bulbous, I thought they'd be more bulbous. It's not very big but, like I said, I've never had these before. You think it might be sexually mature already? I got this one from Bryan and I remember him referring to one he has as pre-adult, maybe it's from the same baby batch:confused:. Well checkout the old chela in the second pic and compare with the last pic. What do you think?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yea, they look pretty much like that. But the little dude is only 6 cm long (mouth parts to end of last metasoma).

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
how hot are these?? they are absolutley beautiful, and I would love to get some, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, if you know what I mean...