Another nice surprise!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Another nice surprise!

Woke up to find that my Female a. versicolor had laid a sac, pretty cool beacuse we raised this parir from eggs LOL!!

[youtube]QpBd9KQJ1O0[/youtube]

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmm ... perhaps you may have some versi slings sometime in the not so distand future?

:)

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey I have a question. Can you inbreed tarantulas or if they're inbred will that cause deformity or other issues? Been curious about that imo.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hey I have a question. Can you inbreed tarantulas or if they're inbred will that cause deformity or other issues? Been curious about that imo.
I don't believe it would, these were from different bloodlines.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
do you think any hobbyists breed Ts, get an eggsac and raise slings and try to breed the slings? ... or would the male and female slings not mature at the same time or????

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think there would be any adverse effects from slings from the same sac maturing and breeding together. I'm sure this happens a lot in the wild. These are not overly complex organisms, they differ from mammals greatly. I believe mammals are one of the only organisms that have mal-effects from inbreeding. I would bet there would be nothing on the genetic level effected but I'm no biologist and certainly there are more educated answers out there that have the evidence to back up the truth.

Grats Rob on the sac, the unexpected ones are the best. That one looks well rolled, the best of luck to ya :razz:

I might have to check in to these if / when they go up for sale, I'm really liking arboreal T's got my first one like a week ago and I love my Avic. avic. She/He is so cool and super relaxed. I really wanted to get a pokie or 3 but I don't feel ready enough yet for a super-fast, aggressive. Never been tagged by any scorpions or tarantulas and I'm super careful with escape-proof enclosures, just want a little more arboreal experience first.

Last edited:

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Rob, you appear to have the Midas touch for tarantula breeding. Or you sold your soul to the spider devil. Signed the contract in hemolymph...

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I really like the avics, love their webbing, but not sure about getting one for my first T cause of the temp and humidity requirements.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Sweet!

Thats a nice lookin sac she made there Rob! Congrats! It must be really satisfying to breed a girl you produced. :D I hope the other ones drop one for you next. :}

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thats a nice lookin sac she made there Rob! Congrats! It must be really satisfying to breed a girl you produced. :D I hope the other ones drop one for you next. :}
Thanks man!! I hope the others do, I had a gravid A. Sp "peru" but she just molted out...AGAIN!!!!!:wall::wall:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks man!! I hope the others do, I had a gravid A. Sp "peru" but she just molted out...AGAIN!!!!!:wall::wall:
Damn..I had 6 of 7 versi pull fast molts out of the blue on me. Never had any issues with breeding Avicularia until I dropped major coin on a ton of versi...Part of me wishes I never tried,but thanks to an awesome member here,I have another MM to try out.GL with the sack Rob.I have been trying to get one for 6+ months now....

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really like the avics, love their webbing, but not sure about getting one for my first T cause of the temp and humidity requirements.
They are a cakewalk,and IMHO one of the best starter t's.They are not as hard to maintain as many here make it seem.Restrict ventilation,have plenty of substrate,a vertical enclosure,and a large water bowl,and you should see %60+ humidity without misting.Once Avicularia are juvies/adults,they do not need as much humidity as they do as slings.Easy easy easy.............

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

what happens if they're gravid but they molt? Will they like lose the eggs and have to be bred again or something?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
what happens if they're gravid but they molt? Will they like lose the eggs and have to be bred again or something?
The sperm deposit is basically gone with the molt, eggs stay but the female will usually absorb them!!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Damn..I had 6 of 7 versi pull fast molts out of the blue on me. Never had any issues with breeding Avicularia until I dropped major coin on a ton of versi...Part of me wishes I never tried,but thanks to an awesome member here,I have another MM to try out.GL with the sack Rob.I have been trying to get one for 6+ months now....
Versis are for some reason very easy for me to get...it is this "peru" that gives me problems....I even took her out of the T room and cooled her down LOL!!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rob congrats! Cant wait to see what offspring my MM helps produce.. :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Versis are for some reason very easy for me to get...it is this "peru" that gives me problems....I even took her out of the T room and cooled her down LOL!!
You have the touch!