Another New Addition To Our Collection

tamjam69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
acquired this new pokie today sold to us as a FASCIATA but not 100% sure about it, beautiful looking t, its about 3" leg span

as soon as i spotted it i had to take it home, it was in a terrestrial setup with only vermiculite and a dried up bottle top, i have since housed it in a glass jar until 2moro when its new enclosure is ready to use ( waiting for the silicone to set) along with aload of others i have made, the white labels are only on the tanks to hold them all in place

Attachments

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks male whatever it is. Nice pickup! :clap:

Last edited:

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, he is a male and he is beautiful! Very happy to be out of the hell hole he was in too, I'll bet. What is with these pet stores :? :wall: :wall:

I LOVE your hand made containers!! any tips for the rest of us? Would love to hear step by step how you build them! And how you attach the tops too.:worship: :worship: :worship:

thanks

tamjam69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, he is a male and he is beautiful! Very

im not very good at sexing myself but when it was on the side of the jar from what i have seen and had sexed on AB it did look female, what says it a male in these pics?

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, he is a male and he is beautiful! Very

im not very good at sexing myself but when it was on the side of the jar from what i have seen and had sexed on AB it did look female, what says it a male in these pics?
With this species you can identify the gender by looking at the top of the carapace. The female have a large amount of white between the black lines. Yours has mostly black with very little white so it is male. Sorry if this is a disappointment. He is still a very beautiful find!

There is a nice sticky thread that describes sexing this way in detail.

tamjam69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
With this species you can identify the gender by looking at the top of the

well heres the underside, is it defo a male, it is a little dissapointing if it is as i dont breed t's i just have them for pets, it turned out my juvy l. paraphybaba has turned out to be male as well

Attachments

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even if it is a male, at only 3" he should still last you a while. Besides, I'm sure there would be people that would like to breed him! Or maybe you could even find a female of your own.... :D

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
"With this species you can identify the gender by looking at the top of the carapace. The female have a large amount of white between the black lines. Yours has mostly black with very little white so it is male. Sorry if this is a disappointment. He is still a very beautiful find!"

At what size can you tell this way?

tamjam69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi thanks for the input, i think i am gonna hunt down a couple females one for this guy and one for the salmon pink

im gonna go and make a new thread about breeding Ts, maybe someone could give me a step by step

thanks

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to lean towards Po. formosa as well, the purple sheen on the bands is typical but I could definitely be wrong.

You can start by reading the breeding reports section and then I'm sure you'll find plenty of help from everyone here to get you breeding that beautiful spider.