another molt

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
been waiting for my little b.albo to molt for over a week now. Got up this morning and he has done it, missed it again though and the exuvium is pretty scrunched up too so no chance of sexing him this time. Ah well hopefully next time...

This is him last night.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Stu. Congrats! :)

The exuvium may look pretty bad off but you'd be surprised what a few drops of water, some tweezers and a bit of patience will do for the pliability. I've had a lot of success sexing with this method. It's definitely worth a try.

Atrax

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cheers atrax, I tried what you suggested and yeah it seemed to work pretty well.

Looks to me like he is a male although my T sexing skills havent been tested before and the exuvium was still in a pretty bad shape even after the water and tweezer treatment.

For the moment I will say male though.

Stu.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
awww, he is just beautiful! so fluffy! i have two B. albo young guys. 1 & 1 1/2" female and male respectively. they are awesome. i can't wait until they gain the size of yours...such sweeties.

how is yours as far as temperament goes?

again, just lovely. :)

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
skadi,

'how is yours as far as temperament goes?'

He is pretty well behaved (apart from the time he went wierd and nailed me).

He always seems real docile, although he sometimes kicks hairs. He doesnt mind me opening or cleaning his tank or handling him (which I very rarely do though)

He eats well and never seems to have enough food - apart from approaching molts he never says no to a cricket or 5. He has a hide in his tank but very rarely uses it, He seems to prefer just digging up the substrate and rearranging it every now and then.

How well behaved are your 2?

cheers,

Stu.

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats cute

since every one is talking about molts now-a-days
congrats on urs!
I had over 5 molts and june bearly started wow
my A. versicolor
my A. Avic