Another Mastigoproctus giganteus sexing thread

AnnieCole

Arachnopeon
Hello all!

I obtained my first giant vinegaroon today! The person selling it left all her sexing information at home, and she couldn't remember if this individual was male or female. It is less than a year old (she mentioned March?) so I realize it may still be tough.

I'm guessing female from my scouring of online resources, but if I'd appreciate an "expert" opinion!

Also, taking name suggestions!
20211127_173336.jpg 20211127_173304.jpg 20211127_173210.jpg

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
A less intrusive way of getting a picture of their underside is putting them in a clear container

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey OP, send us a pic of its enclosure im just curious

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Expert I ain't but I think it's a female.
Name-wise: Ralph

Last edited:

AnnieCole

Arachnopeon
Hey OP, send us a pic of its enclosure im just curious
Crappy photos, but you can get the gist of it.

It's currently hiding back under the leaves. The substrate is a combo of ZooMed's creature soil and coconut coir. It's deeper than I intended, but I think it'll be good for burrowing.

I'm running to the store later to grab an appropriate piece of cork, the ones I was planning on using aren't working how I want. 20211128_135010.jpg 20211128_135045.jpg

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Crappy photos, but you can get the gist of it.

It's currently hiding back under the leaves. The substrate is a combo of ZooMed's creature soil and coconut coir. It's deeper than I intended, but I think it'll be good for burrowing.

I'm running to the store later to grab an appropriate piece of cork, the ones I was planning on using aren't working how I want. View attachment 404653 View attachment 404654
Looks good I think, but it could definitely use a corkbark hide. The creature soil is decent stuff, I use it too.

AnnieCole

Arachnopeon
Looks good I think, but it could definitely use a corkbark hide. The creature soil is decent stuff, I use it too.
Yay I'm glad it's up to snuff! The hide I had intended to use had some mold on it from being damp, and the others weren't the size I was looking for. I just want to start out fresh and clean.