Another ID thread...

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
What is this scorp? Being sold close to me, but I want to know exactly what species it is before I buy it.

Thinking obviously a Heterometrus of some sort.
PXL_20211118_231957536.jpg

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Javanimetrus cyaneus (ex Heterometrus).
Only Heterometrinae with such heavy granulation.
Usually quite rare, although I suspect there has been a big cyaneus import into the US recently.
If you decide to buy it, please keep it way more humid than the store is doing. :rolleyes:

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
it is a very beautiful specimen... please rescue that innocent little soul from that pet shop!

mortexyn

Arachnopeon
I just got one also. They’re not very common in the us. Rescue him and give him a good home. Looks just like mine and Joey also said it was a J.Cyaneus

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pandipalpus viatoris.

It is absolutely not Javanimetrus cyaneus. The chelae are too smooth and are the wrong shape.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Positive and negative update.

Downside is that one of their specimens perished and the other two bred, but they cannibalized the offspring.

On the positive side I bought the breeding pair and will give them the best care possible.

Here is the current enclosure. Using kitchen wrap to seal in humidity on the grate till I can replace it with acrilic.

I will get better pics of the specimens in the days to come. One is considerably larger then the other
Pandipalpus viatoris.

It is absolutely not Javanimetrus cyaneus. The chelae are too smooth and are the wrong shape.
Thank you I will do all the research I can on this species and try to get them to breed again.

PXL_20211202_223851967.jpg

PXL_20211202_223856977.jpg