Another help me choose thread...

sn95

Arachnopeon
Well I have decided it is about time for me to order up some new T's. I haven't bought any in almost two years:(. I am having trouble figuring out what the last T(s) should be. I have basically four choices and would like your opinions on which you would choice and why. I have wanted all these T's since I got into the hobby but never got any of them for some odd reason. Also I can't afford to get them all with everything else I would be ordering.

Choices

#1 Tapinauchenius gigas(1.5") x2

#2 Avicularia minatrix(1")

#3 Ephebopus cyanognathus(1"-2")

#4 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens(1/2"-3/4")

Thank you to those who provide input.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The GBB wont let you down - I love mine! I never give up an avic either, so that would also be one oc my choices.. :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I say the gigas and the minatrix..Then down the road the other 2...The gigas is a GREAT T,fast growing,and just flat out FAST at everything it does. Great colors as well. The minatrix,well what can I say,just look at a picture! We have everything on your list,and if we had to get 2,they would be the ones we mentioned.........But keep in mind that there have been a few members that have successfully bred GBB as of late,and have good prices on them...Nice screen name,BTW.....

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd get the minatrix, as it may be a while before you see them available again.

They're very beautiful..

the others come into the hobby with more regularity...
I mean you need a GBB and a bluefang...
but they'll be available when it comes time for a new addition again. :D

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll also say the minatrix because of the lack of them in the hobby.

If you can swing another, go with the T. Gigas. Mine are growing like weeds, always out, great feeding response, and bright colors.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
You've got to go minatrix,if not for yourself do it for me! If I could talk my wife into more T's I'd go mianatrix or diversepes.though you really cant go wrong with any of your choices.

sn95

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the responses thus far. I wish I could swing getting 2 different ones, but then I would have to figure out what to take off my current list of T's I am for sure getting. I am leaning towards the Avicularia minatrix as of now, but still not 100%.

BrerttG thanks, do you know what my screen name means?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the responses thus far. I wish I could swing getting 2 different ones, but then I would have to figure out what to take off my current list of T's I am for sure getting. I am leaning towards the Avicularia minatrix as of now, but still not 100%.

BrerttG thanks, do you know what my screen name means?
Chassis code for a what,94-98 Mustang?I forgot what year it replaced the Fox body..........And if you have to get ONE,get either the gigas or the minatrix.....I vote minatrix.

sn95

Arachnopeon
Yeah 94-04 mustang chassis code. I am kind of surprised someone knew that.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Other hobbies...... ;) Forgot it ran into the 2000's though.Thought it cut off at the 99 changeover for some reason,lol........If the minatrix is not available,go for the gigas. They pop up on here every now and then,and they are relatively cheap.Ours was pretty chilled till about 3 inches. Now I have a TON of respect for the speed it can achieve after its last molt....

Last edited:

sn95

Arachnopeon
I am thinking I will go minatrix, I might get some gigas after next pay day depending on a few things. Gotta love extra check month for those who get paid biweekly.

Sadly my other hobby is no longer mine...now I am stuck with a cavalier that doesn't ever want to be reliable...

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here's another vote for the minatrix, or as second the E. cyanognathus . GBB don't hold that allure to me personally and i know next to nothing about Taps, so i can't really say anything for or against them.