Another European True Theraphosa blondi group

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Theres a smaller import of true Theraphosa blondi in the US now.

Vitaliy at Tarantulahomes.com brought them in last week. I got my bunch already {D...but there are not many left!
They are one molt ahead, so a bit larger at 2.25-2.5".
(I believe laid in july 2010)

There you guys have another chance ;)

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Man I wish I was brave enough to try my hand at those! But I think I'll leave it to the experts.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm with Joey... I am going to hold off & get a bit more experianced..

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really dont see the magic touch with them really...
Is just really moist, water dish at ALL times, moist substrate, warm temperatures, high ventilation and regular feedings. :(

Stuff happens guys, dont get discouraged!

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd love a T.blondi. I find them to be a very "ugly" species of tarantula hahah but the size is amazing. Such a beast. I'll have to stick with my LP's for a while until I get my hands on a blondi though.

Titandan

Arachnopeon
Fran,

You've got the magic touch I think! How many did you get? At $100 a piece, it's quite an investment...

I'll have to hold off on it for the time being as well. Best of luck to you and all of the other T. Blondi owners. Tommy, do you own any Burgundy's? What is the difference between T. Blondi and Burgandy in terms of caring for them? They seem very similar...

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bah, now why would she take them OUT of europe so I couldn't get my sticky fingers on one!? *grumpyface*

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Old age for my big fem.?

I'm with Joey... I am going to hold off & get a bit more experianced..
Hey Tommy, You've GOT the experience! You just had a bad experience with that sling is all.

Off topic slightly (differrnt sp) I don't blame myself one bit in the death of my huge female. She merely had an unusual situation during molting and I wasn't able to be there- not saying I could have entirely prevented it even then. She was very healthy with exception of the legs that ruptured and failed to release during the molt. The more I think on it this LIKELY could have been due to old age. I still have her in the freezer. Her prosoma is massively wide- just short of 2". She has a very well-pronounced/ deep foveal pit.

My Theraphosa "burgundy" sling is finally in premolt after what seemed a lifetime. Y'all keep your fingers crossed with me that everything turns out okay! :)

Terry

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fran,

You've got the magic touch I think! How many did you get? At $100 a piece, it's quite an investment......I'll have to hold off on it for the time being as well. Best of luck to you and all of the other T. Blondi owners.

Thanks for your kind words :). I have 15 True blondi slings total. Some are heavily in pre moult again, and these new batch are eating like machines :D.
If vitaliy has anything left by next weekend I might buy the rest :D

Theraphosa blondi seems to be harder to breed, but both of them share a somewhat similar care.

From my experience, these Genera seems quite harder to "tame". Easiest one they are captibe born, but they can be like keeping a tiger in a small cage.

You need really large spaces, plenty of water, humidity and warm temps with PLENTY ventilation. Lots of food and specially not to be bother at all.

They are like no other tarantula. They are stubborn, way stronger than any other sp with huge proportions and incredible carachter.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
\Just a fast, bad quality video of me unpacking them before :D

[YOUTUBE]e1YWpxoJIJw[/YOUTUBE]

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I really dont see the magic touch with them really...
Is just really moist, water dish at ALL times, moist substrate, warm temperatures, high ventilation and regular feedings. :(

Stuff happens guys, dont get discouraged!
Gotta love them big fran!!! The one I got from paul becker is about to molt she has a "BBB" LOL!! Hey, I want to see pics of that new enclosure!!!!;)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
\Just a fast, bad quality video of me unpacking them before :D

[YOUTUBE]e1YWpxoJIJw[/YOUTUBE]
Those look a lot more leegier than the ones from paul!! Both are awesome....these just looka bit differen't....in a good way!!!:D

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those look a lot more leegier than the ones from paul!! Both are awesome....these just looka bit differen't....in a good way!!!:D
They are one molt ahead Rob, and yours has eaten 2 full adult crickets already {D.
As soon as her butts get the "right" dimension, you wont see them as leggy anymore {D

(but they are quite darker)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are one molt ahead Rob, and yours has eaten 2 full adult crickets already {D.
As soon as her butts get the "right" dimension, you wont see them as leggy anymore {D

(but they are quite darker)
You are the man!! :worship: maybe tats why Zillian looks less leggier....she has a lot of junk in the trunk!!! I saw your vids, 115Lbs tricep extensions (Skull crushers) with perfect form :eek::eek: That is just impressive!!!:clap::clap:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You are the man!! :worship: maybe tats why Zillian looks less leggier....she has a lot of junk in the trunk!!! I saw your vids, 115Lbs tricep extensions (Skull crushers) with perfect form :eek::eek: That is just impressive!!!:clap::clap:
haha thanks! (now i do it with 155lb {D ).

Im leaving to the post office :p

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
haha thanks! (now i do it with 155lb {D ).

Im leaving to the post office :p
155 lbs????? Tricep extensions....JESUS!!!! Most can't bench that LOL!!! and you where complaining about a heavy tank PFFFT!!! LOL!! I will have you come over to move this 125 gal full of sub!!!!

Post office!!!!!!:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: