another eggsac

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
well, I can see this one this time, so that is a relief..
My 2nd Usambara has been hard at work, and she finally made the sac 2 days ago.
The other one I had was arboreal, and the sac was suspended. This one is a burrower, and it's (of course) underground. I don't see how in the world she can turn or massage it, but what do I know?
I'm not really inclined to go digging it up either!
I guess I'll wait a bit and see how it goes...

Last edited:

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Glad to hear you succesful once again. Hope you wind up with lots more orange bitey slings than the last batch had!

Bill

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Congratulations, Holley! Woo-hoo!

Joy

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations Holley! I'm still watching my little orange face-huggers for signs of an eggsac. Webbing activity has increased the past few days, so I'm hopeful.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks everyone...hopefully this one will produce quite a few!
Galeogirl...what I've noticed is that the female eats the male right before she gets ready for the eggsac, if they are cohabitating. Both of mine munched the male, and the eggsac was made in about a week and a half. I don't know if she is getting all maternal, and getting rid of anything that might prey upon the slings or what...but it's been a pattern here anyway!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
this is the 3rd breeding attempt, and the 2nd eggsac...
The first female that I mated the first time, molted instead of making eggs...with the male in there, no less.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations Holley!!! thats going to be a lot of spiders

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Guess what.

Hi.

Congrats immortal sin,:)

"JacenBeers",and what's the "problem"?

If it is 10 or 20 to many? IMHO it's not that bad or is it Paul?

Kenny.

Dasgre0g

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
well, I can see this one this time, so that is a relief..
My 2nd Usambara has been hard at work, and she finally made the sac 2 days ago.
The other one I had was arboreal, and the sac was suspended. This one is a burrower, and it's (of course) underground. I don't see how in the world she can turn or massage it, but what do I know?
I'm not really inclined to go digging it up either!
I guess I'll wait a bit and see how it goes...
Haha Just what the world needs. A few hundred more of those. Ironically, I have 2 males on loan out right now. So I may be as unfortunate as you in the coming months. :?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Re: Re: another eggsac

Originally posted by Dasgre0g
Haha Just what the world needs. A few hundred more of those. Ironically, I have 2 males on loan out right now. So I may be as unfortunate as you in the coming months. :?
WELL, I don't know about you...but I'm planning on putting together a vast army of orange bitey things, and taking over the world!! ;)

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this is the 3rd breeding attempt, and the 2nd eggsac...
The first female that I mated the first time, molted instead of making eggs...with the male in there, no less.
She molted with the male in there? Wow. I thought he would make an attempt to eat her or something if she was THAT vulnerable.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Guess what.

Originally posted by Kenny
Hi.

Congrats immortal sin,:)

"JacenBeers",and what's the "problem"?

If it is 10 or 20 to many? IMHO it's not that bad or is it Paul?

Kenny.
Where in my post did I make a complaint? Hmmm...looking over it I dont see a complaint at all. I posted because I knew she had been breeding these for a while now. Atleast since I started posting here and I was happy for her success. The more the better. WHy would I complain about having more spoiders in this world? Dont compare me to Paul. And especially dont comnpare me to Paul on the basis of that reply. I said nothing bad at all.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Jacen, I thought so too, but apparently not. I went to the ATS convention, and when I returned, she started molting. They were in a 20 gallon tank, maybe that helped save her. I couldn't get him out without disturbing her, so I just let it happen, and probably got lucky.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: another eggsac

WELL, I don't know about you...but I'm planning on putting together a vast army of orange bitey things, and taking over the world!! ;)
Heh, I'd like to see that. At least you'd have vicious warriors.