Another dead mouse, another happy spider *PIC*

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am sure some of you remember that picture I took of my Lasiodora parahybana eating an anole about two months ago. Well it has molted since then and has the darker color scheme going on and she just killed a big mouse. HEre is a webcam photo. The mouse was so big and screamed for a few seconds and kicked at the substrate and then went stiff and now the spider is the happiest one in my collection.

Attachments

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that's tight man... how big is your Lasiodora parahybana? my L. parahybana is too small.. I have to freeze the cricket for my L. parahybana to eat.

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You let your parahybana kill a mouse that size!? wow.. you wasn't afraid that the mouse could simply chop a part of your spider? ;) if i give mine a mouse ill probably gag the mouse somehow first ;)

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I know this spider is a fighter. It is a mean beast. I first tried the mouse on my adult A seemani but it wasnt interested and just ended up making the mouse suffer by flickiung hairs in its face. So i decided to put it out of its misery with the Salmon PInk. THere was a fight but the spider won.