another day in a scary pet store

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oddly enough the only thing i could find really just terribly wrong for an invert in a pet store was the hissing cockroach tank....the ground was litterally moving and of course solid white...I'm curious are the little white squirmy things mites or springtails or what? I had mites on my snake once and they were dark and i had to oil 'er down to get rid of them...but i have no idea what i saw in that tank. Any idea's?

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oddly enough the only thing i could find really just terribly wrong for an invert in a pet store was the hissing cockroach tank....the ground was litterally moving and of course solid white...I'm curious are the little white squirmy things mites or springtails or what? I had mites on my snake once and they were dark and i had to oil 'er down to get rid of them...but i have no idea what i saw in that tank. Any idea's?
I think they would be springtails, but i could be wrong.

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
are those good or bad? i know in those numbers anything is bad...but in fewer numbers would those be okay?

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
springtails in medium numbers are fine - they don't bother the tank's inhabitants but clean up after them. they also eat mould, which is certainly a good thing.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
springtails in medium numbers are fine - they don't bother the tank's inhabitants but clean up after them. they also eat mould, which is certainly a good thing.
Sweet, i was actually right for once

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
snaps for masurai

and those are the little white squirmy things and by little i mean 1mm -2mm

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
stupid pet store owners keep large mature T's in terribly small enclosures on top of mulch chips as i witnessed the other day.

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you said "Sweet, i was actually right for once"
it's an odd way of saying congratulations...i mean i could have said GG but that would be further from where we are