Another case of Dolomedes ID, since you're at it already :)

Ratatoskr

Arachnopeon
Thought I'd add this post on this photo at the same time now since it could be the same genus or even species.
This was also taken in the same southern part of Sweden but this one ON the water, by the edge to land. Was taken 2 month later, early August.
I feel quite sure it's a Dolomedes since I don't know we have any other spider species even closely resembling this one here in Sweden.

But what species is it? They seem to differ a lot even in same species.

Regards,
Mats
20110803-175701-small.jpg

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely an adult female Dolomedes. As for the species, as you said both D. fimbriatus and D. plantarius are quite variable. This one is most probably D. plantarius, but i cant be 100% sure (one needs to analyze the genitalia to have a definite answer).

Ratatoskr

Arachnopeon
Thanks Tarantula_Hawk.
I'm happy to state on the photo that it's PROBABLY a D. plantarius. Finding out it's a female is a bonus for me :)
I'm just a wildlife photographer wanting to document what I see while disturbing the wildlife as little as possible and therefore I never, with very few exceptions, pick up any subjects I find so it's hard for me to get shots from the genitalia area. I do know how important that area is for identification purposes, but I'll have to live with a probable ID instead :)