Anoploscelus celeripes

Selenocosima

Arachnopeon
Hi guys heres a rare one for you, well one that isnt often seen in our hobby A.celeripes. Its from africa and found in the same area as C.crawshayi. Its quite a large spider as an adult but mine are still small so I'm not to sure how big it realy gets. All I know is there ment to be more aggresive/deffensive than C.crawshayi and as well as that just as slow growing as them as well. I came across mine by pure flook as the mother of my babes was brought in from africa gravid as a one of and gave who ever ownd her babes so I cmae across 2. of them about a year ago. Here are some pics of them from about that a year ago hope you like thanks.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just wondering how you can for sure ID a spider that we got no information about, not even any picture heh, this species is totally unknow ... How can you prove this is not a Citharischius or Hysterocrates species ?

More defensive then Citharischius species ? each individu are different, its impossible to tell the behavior of a species...

Last edited:

Selenocosima

Arachnopeon
Hi mate I was wating for someone to come along and say this and I do understand. But and this is a very big but, go to the venom list and have a look at the thread I've put there and you will see that a mate of mine Phil who runs the Tarantula store in the u.k. Has the adult female who gave birth to the babes you see here. He has a adult pic of his the mother of my babes. And then tell me that shes C.crawshayi or Hysterocrates sp. I can asure you that these are the real thing. And as for there being know pics of them anywere ells is not true at all theres pics on the Tarantula store and the venom list and some new african web site that has lots of pics of them so please take a look for your self and you will see that I'm right thanks mate.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What a cutie!!!! What will it look like as an adult? What is the temperment like?

Selenocosima

Arachnopeon
Hi there Mina/Syndicate I my self have know pics of any adults as mine are babes of the only adult female in the hobby out of africa that is. But if you check out the Tarantula store or as well as that the Venom list as Phil the man with the adult female has put a pic on my thread there so please take a look they turn out quite diffrent than you would think, there brill. Like Cedrik sead all spiders are individual but I and Phil class this sp. as very aggresive/deffensive and it strdulats like crazy. Hope this has helpd, ow and sorry about the spelling thanks.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey I was wrong :? heh!

Yeah me and my big mouth, I tought you were one of these unknow guy coming and say he got something that he's not sure of what he's talking about. I guess that if Phil saw the mother, he did'nt sell you this spiderling without behind sure of the ID.

Maybe I should read before critisizing, beautifull spider mate im real jalous

But about the behavior ... im still saying that you cannot say : it will be crazy defensive and stridulating ... they all got their own behavior, and "crazy defensive" can mean something different for each keeper, depending how comfortable you are with these species ...