angry rosies!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I guess I made them mad this morning, by giving them food and water LOL
Both the male and female got REALLY angry, it was hilarious, so I had to snap some pics!

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here's Verde, the female, really really angry!

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
lastly, running away from home!

I guess they decided they had enough, and tried to make an escape :)

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
yes, they do mate occasionally. He spins sperm webs every week or so. They are a funny couple, that is for sure! Sometimes she is not interested in mating, so she will sit in a threat posture for 1/2 hour, slowly turning in whatever direction he's in! I've never seen her go after him though, and this is the 2nd male she's cohabitated with. The first one she lived with for over 6 months, and the male finally died trying a post ultimate molt. This one has been in here a couple months.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
yes, they do mate occasionally. He spins sperm webs every week or so. They are a funny couple, that is for sure! Sometimes she is not interested in mating, so she will sit in a threat posture for 1/2 hour, slowly turning in whatever direction he's in! I've never seen her go after him though, and this is the 2nd male she's cohabitated with. The first one she lived with for over 6 months, and the male finally died trying a post ultimate molt. This one has been in here a couple months.
wow cool id love to have a couple that will live together lol, no chance of that with nova shes a nasty b**** :D

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry to hijack your post but my Chile rose struck up threat posture for the first time in the ten years I've had her this week.

I was so busy laughing I almost forgot to take a picture ;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Jeremy,
it's not that big, it's about 23" x 17" and 6" deep. Lots of hiding places though, and they are quite small, so he can squeeze in there, she might even get her behind stuck!
Sometimes when she's in a really bad mood, he'll go hide under his log :)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not to bombard you with questions, but have you ever gotten an eggsac from her before?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
nope! I'm assuming that is why she tolerates cohabitation...otherwise she might start munching.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You should get Pategirl to post up her pic of her Rosehair going ballistic and getting so angry she rolls right on her back. That is one hilarious picture.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Cute couple

Holley-

Those are some cute spiders and great pics, thanks for sharing.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My rosie, Wilma is pure evil. I tried to clean her dirt filled water dish out this morning and she tried to bite my wooden spoon. I think she's given up on postures. Bites are much more effective. Her display was normal today:

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Awwww

Originally posted by pategirl
My rosie, Wilma is pure evil. I tried to clean her dirt filled water dish out this morning and she tried to bite my wooden spoon. I think she's given up on postures. Bites are much more effective. Her display was normal today:
Wilma's a cute little monster!

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
There must be something in the air. Mine threw a threat posture and kicked hairs all over me for the very first time. Maybe they are planning a coup.