Anger after eating?

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, my sling A. Seemani is showing signs of aggression.. And it doesnt do this that often... Only when it eats, or at night.. And why does it do this only when it eats and at night? I tried to hold it to mist its dli cup, and it did a threat posture at me( Not a good one at that.. More like raising 2 legs, not showing its fangs :) it was cute)And why does it do this?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by hampton
And why does it do this only when it eats and at night?
Ts are more "awake" at night for the most part. I would guess they are similarly more "awake" after having just hunted and eaten. As such, you are more likely to perceive it as being more touchy at these times. During the day or during a period of prolonged rest the T is probably more lazy and sort of sleeping (if Ts can be said to sleep), so minor disturbances are not reacted to.

Some A. seemanni are very docile, others are actually very aggressive. There's a lot of variation within the species. Yours sounds like it's only slightly pissy ;)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oddly enough I believe my new H. Lividum (Whom I've named Lucifer.) is calm after I've fed it. it even let me place a water dish in its enclosure without attacking of making a defensive stance.