Androtonus amourexi..

Solar Dart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
...I got one today, suckah. Happy about it too, as I really like this genus (I have A. australis and A. bicolor already, and am always looking for other species within this genus).
Ahh. Today was a good day.

EDITED: Doh! Forgot to put the "c" in Androctonus

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Excellent. How long till you have the entire set? ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Solar Dart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol....as soon as I can locate them! I havent seen any of the other species for sale (of course, I've only looked in one place).

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Dart,

The only other one I've seen was Androctonus crassicauda. You should talk to Pat of Regal Reptiles and see if he still has them available. As for the other four species, you're probably not going to find them.

Cheers,
Dave

Solar Dart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought the A. amourexi from Pat. He didnt have any A. crassicauda when I was at Regal...guess I'll have to keep checking back every so often.
Why are the other 4 so hard to find?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Not really sure. One guess would be that they range through countries that don't tend to export much. Another would be that they are somehow less desirable to hobbyists. It is also possible that they are harder to find (much fewer in numbers or something).

Cheers,
Dave

Solar Dart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think a rarity in nature does have something to do with it. Since my last post I've tried finding pictures online of those 4 species, and came up empty-handed.

t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
we have all those spec prety close to were i live in there natural habitat

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on your new scorp. I have those species as well. I really enjoy my A. bicolor. I'm very fortunate to have an A. crassicauda too. From what I understand the other Androctonus do not have that large of a range (as Dave said). Also, some are hard to identify such as A. mauritanicus from A. bicolor. Who knows, both could be imported under the same name...A. bicolor.

W. Smith