Question Android Help

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Hey guys Im having an awful time using this on new android phone, any tricks, without saying get an iphone lol?

even just posting this was horrible

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Hey guys Im having an awful time using this on new android phone, any tricks, without saying get an iphone lol?

even just posting this was horrible
You're going to have to be more specific than "it is horrible" or "awful time". No one else has reported any issues and we do not have any issues on our androids.

Without knowing precisely what your issues are, there is not much we can do, unfortunately.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
oh sorry, i literally took 20 minutes just trying to type that on my phone. Or else I would have.

So now that I'm home, on a different device, when I use my phone, I start typing at the cursor, then half the words start typing into the previous persons quote.

Or I type a sentence, I look back and the words are jumbled together, and then as I type, the page will keep shifting away, up or down to no man's land.

Then the page will freeze, the cursor won't move, then it says the sites crashed, and asks if I want to wait or close.

Happens every time, bad, only on the phone. Newer samsung.

Sry couldn't hardly get a word out on my original post, I would have waited but was hoping by the time I got home someone would say oh yeah, android, you gotta do this or that.

If you guys have any ideas let me know.

Seems to be the only site I'm having issues with so far.

Thanks

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Thanks for the information. Details definitely help. We will be looking into this.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
From what I can find, it's working as intended and not considered a problem by google. The code that is sent by android phones when hitting the "enter" button is not the same as one sent by hitting the "enter" button on an external keyboard, or a computer keyboard. It seems to be a problem with many android phones, especially when using chrome (browser) and gboard (keyboard app) although it may not be limited to those. This causes the line break to be added to the reply window, but the cursor does not change position.

A potential work around is to make sure that you put a period (or any punctuation mark) at the end of the sentence before hitting the "enter" button and the cursor should also move to the next line.

Sorry I can't be of more help with this at this time, but I will keep an eye open for other possible fixes.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
From what I can find, it's working as intended and not considered a problem by google. The code that is sent by android phones when hitting the "enter" button is not the same as one sent by hitting the "enter" button on an external keyboard, or a computer keyboard. It seems to be a problem with many android phones, especially when using chrome (browser) and gboard (keyboard app) although it may not be limited to those. This causes the line break to be added to the reply window, but the cursor does not change position.

A potential work around is to make sure that you put a period (or any punctuation mark) at the end of the sentence before hitting the "enter" button and the cursor should also move to the next line.

Sorry I can't be of more help with this at this time, but I will keep an eye open for other possible fixes.
Hey any help at all is appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Hi guys, my phone did a recent update and it seems, knock on wood, to be working better.