Androctonus togolensis.

Miami Cracker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anybody have information on these. I just got some Andros and was told they are Togolensis. I have been out of the hobby for a while and just got back into it so.....
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Miami Cracker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks. sent him an e-mail. I just really want to see pictures as I don't know if what I have is togolensis. I will try for some pics later.

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
hopefully you get some concrete information from someone way up the food chain in the scorp hobby. id go out on a limb and say that if you have androc togolensis, you are extremely lucky. they are exceedingly rare to find and there is hardly no information or pictures of that species. I hope have something rare though. thatd be awesome!

Miami Cracker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Talked to Jan but no luck. He doesn't have any information other than it's a new valid specie. I'm trying to track down the author of the paper describing them.

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
I would think any information you are giving is going to come from Germany. I just have a feeling. haha

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Talked to Jan but no luck. He doesn't have any information other than it's a new valid specie. I'm trying to track down the author of the paper describing them.
Huh. The author of the paper is Wilson Lourenço, however I unfortunately don't have any contact information for him, and furthermore much of his work isn't public access. You could ask Jan if he has the contact information for him? I assumed that he still had the paper, as the only information I can find on the species comes from his blog. http://scorpion-files.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-androctonus-from-togo-corrections.html?m=1

Alternatively, you could ask Lorenzo Prendini (lorenzo@amnh.org) or František Kovařík (kovarik.scorpio@gmail.com) if either of them have any information on the species, or if they have the contact information for Lourenço.

I'll ask around and see if anyone has any contact information.

Miami Cracker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got Lourenco's email. I also got a couple pages of the paper. I will email him today. I'll keep you guys posted.

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
@Miami Cracker

Did some quick searching.
That species is native to Togo region specifically Mandouri area, so assume care specs would be the same as the other local fauna.

temps probably range from 78-86 F
mostly tropical and I would say imo humidity should always stay above 65 minimum up to 80%.

and a warning
Androctonus have fairly potent venom.

Miami Cracker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry guys, going through 300+ scorps is tedious. I have what is supposed to be the togolensis set to the side (54 of them) will get to them tomorrow.
On a side noye I have over 200 Hottentotta hottentotta. :happy: Some just gave birth. so.......yeah.........I will post a for sale ad soon....lol.

Miami Cracker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alas it was not meant to be. As soon as I opened the box all I saw was more H. hottentotta.
Dude swears he has togolensis but whatever. anywho.............who wants H. hottentotta?