Androctonus sp. "Turkey"

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Note: Obviously this should be in Scorpion forum, sorry for the misplacement.

So I wanted to get something from my country and I found these for sale:

Female

Male

An unsubscribed species of Androctonus from Kilis/Turkey.

They were born 27.05.2016, second instars and absolutely tiny. I don't think I have taken care of anything this small. Very cute nevertheless.

I was told to keep them dry on regular soil with a drop of water every week. I will try to feed them newly hatched Shelfordella lateralis but lets see... Any pointers are welcome.

Last edited:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Crazy that they sexed them at second instar, very good eyes or good camera/microscope :D

Which contact did you get them from?

Should be simple to raise! Androctonus are good eaters and easy-moulters in my experience

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Crazy that they sexed them at second instar, very good eyes or good camera/microscope :D

Which contact did you get them from?

Should be simple to raise! Androctonus are good eaters and easy-moulters in my experience
I got them from Alexander Ullrich in Germany. Excellent packing, perfect shipping. I am sure he sexed them correctly.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Thanks. They will unfortunately end up being pretty much black colored I think but still a nice species to work with.
You should send some pictures of them when they are adults. With all the Emps running around, it shows people love black scorps! I especially like P. transvaalicus, but that's just me :D

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
You should send some pictures of them when they are adults. With all the Emps running around, it shows people love black scorps! I especially like P. transvaalicus, but that's just me :D
I also have Parabuthus villosus so I know black scorps, they are cool but something different would have been nice ;).

They are cute little suckers tho :) :

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Both of these molted now and the female has already started feeding after her molt. They are still tiny:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I missed this thread when it was first posted but I am glad I found it now. Excellent specimens you have there!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Thanks guys... They are quite cool and they turned out to be great eaters. I can't wait to get these guys adult size.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey

Nice pics, how fast are they growing?

I just recently got Androctonus species (crassicauda/mauretanicus), and they one just moulted to adulthood after 5 months -_- thats crazy!!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Hey

Nice pics, how fast are they growing?

I just recently got Androctonus species (crassicauda/mauretanicus), and they one just moulted to adulthood after 5 months -_- thats crazy!!
Don't really know as I got them mid cycle and they molted for the first time with me into 3rd instars. But their birthdate was 27.05 so it took them 3.5 months to get into 3rd instar.

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
@Najakeeper

I know this thread is old but do you still have these ?

and if so

Do you have any recent pics ?

I have an Unidentified Androctonus species from Mardin, Turkey coming in tomorrow and it kinda looks like the ones in your pics.

Any info on them you can share would be much appreciated

Cheers
Eric

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
...they should be more of a dark brownish. sort of similar in color to androc baluchicus.