Androctonus sp. M3 clade

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
i know it’s a bit silly to post an information request thread on a species that has been newly discovered and hasn’t been formally categorized by science but still tho lol thought it would be good to start a thread about this in case something comes along

have kept this species for several months now i would say it’s been my personal experience that they’re virtually identical to A. crassicauda behaviorally and with respect to their care i have been keeping them the same as other species from Morocco from the Androctonus genus like A. australis

so ja if anyone has some good details on the species by some weird coincidence that would be super awesome

this is them:

Attachments

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Care is similar to that of other Moroccan Androctonus.

This species is most closely related to Androctonus mauritanicus, belonging to a sister clade (Coelho 2013).

Attached is some information from "Phylogeography of Androctonus scorpions from the Maghreb Region" by Pedro Jorge Lobo Martins Coelho. Additionally a phylogenetic tree of Androctonus (Coelho et al. 2014).

If you would like more information, feel free to message.

m3.png

m3 2.png

cladogram.png

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
Care is similar to that of other Moroccan Androctonus.

This species is most closely related to Androctonus mauritanicus, belonging to a sister clade (Coelho 2013).

Attached is some information from "Phylogeography of Androctonus scorpions from the Maghreb Region" by Pedro Jorge Lobo Martins Coelho. Additionally a phylogenetic tree of Androctonus (Coelho et al. 2014).

If you would like more information, feel free to message.

View attachment 421764

View attachment 421765

View attachment 421766
i sincerely can’t thank you enough for this - supremely awesome info 🖤 def will PM here soon

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Appreciate this thread being made and the information being shared. Was looking into getting some and all I knew previously was that they’re one of the smaller species.