Androctonus sp. Cage setup pictures?

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was wanting to see some peoples fat tail setups.Mainly looking to see andro setups,but parabuthus sp. And other hot fat tails setups are welcome!I'm looking to see both elaborate,natural setups,as well as plain,space saving setups.I'd like to get some ideas,as well as see what others are housing in to prevent escapes.I'll post pictures of my setup tonight.Thanks for looking!

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can setup Androctonus spp. and Parabuthus spp. the same way. My favorite way to set them up is in a sterilite tub(5.? quarts) from wal-mart, and I just drill some holes up top for air/ventilation. I use a mixture of 80% sand/20% eco-earth, but make sure the eco-earth is dry before you put the scorpion in. The reason I do this is it seems to hold for burrows with the scorpion.

As far as a hide you can use the saucer from the flower pot and put it upside down with just a small opening and the scorpion will go under it and do what it needs. The saucers are under a dollar, and they mimmick rocks IMO. The tub is under $5 at wal-mart and is see through.

Here is a picture of the saucer so you know what I'm referring to:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sand and locking lid. bark to hide under. they arent too picky

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The sterilite tub has two handles on each side that come up and snap or close over the lid so in order to take it off you have to push it back down, I'll find a picture of what I'm referring to.

As you can see the little light blue handles are like a locking thing, but no actual key. Then you can drill in the top for the air holes as I mentiond above. That is what I keep my adult/sub-adult scorps in.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks everybody!I know how to set them up and care for them,I just wanted to see what others were housing them in.Does anybody have any pictures of elaborate natural setups in vivs and what not?Thanks!

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Try going onto YouTube and typing in different species and you'll find some cool vids of them in naturalisic set-ups.

Matt

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/...lis lybicus/?action=view&current=5bab79a8.jpg

http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/...lis lybicus/?action=view&current=826e578a.jpg

http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/...lis lybicus/?action=view&current=435d0b5e.jpg

These are the only pics I have left from those three tanks I made. There are things I would have done a little differently, but overall I was happy. The one with 3 rocks is for a pair. Rocks have little pre-made scrapes. The tanks are really big. The round holes were made with a mason jar to give you an idea. :p