androctonus mauritanicus

akazaran

Arachnopeon
The title says it all. I am interested in this specie but I have only kept S mesaensis and parabuthus villosus which are pretty easy to take car of. Is androctonus mauricanus hard to keep in captivity (I am not talking about venom potency)? Are they very delicate?
Thanks form helping,

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
They are difficult to raise from slings to adults but if u get it hands on older ones those do well

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
They are difficult to raise from slings to adults but if u get it hands on older ones those do well
Why are they more difficult in your opinion? I feel like mine (since 2i) at 4i now has eaten damn good and seems like it does better then my clade 2 and Bal babies. And the M3 clade from you finally molted a while back and is doing solid as well man!

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
I've been told to keep along the same lines as keeping conditions for Androctonous crasscaudia. I could be wrong. But it's what I was told as I've got some A.crasscausia and was also looking into these fellas as they're the biggest androctonous species, and one of the largest medically significant species of scorpion in the world. Very cool, from what I hear, a bit more active than the average Androctonous. If you get babies, get a few. Incase you loose one or 2. I've had baby Lq, A.c, Babycurus, and a few others that I've kept in perfect conditions and they still died, feeding and all. Some died while eating, some get water stuck to their face with surface tension and drown from drops on the wall of the enclosure.. anyways, good luck man. Please update how this goes for you. As I'm also looking to get a few. :) cheers.

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
P.s. I have had Amazing results with these containers. They're 16cup on amazon or ebay for about 12$ canadian. Locking lids, sealed, and durable asf. They dont pop open if some how knocked off. Just a suggestion, i find they make it much easier to maintain conditions for new or young species.. 15686828527232968294837301933885.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Mauretanicus is not one of the largest. Actually not even close. There are several species that out size mauretanicus

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
Mauretanicus is not one of the largest. Actually not even close. There are several species that out size mauretanicus
Really?? Looks like I was fed a bunch of misinformation. I was told they're the biggest androctonous. Grrr. I need to start fact checking my "experts" . It was the main reason I was looking into getting some. Well.. damn. Got to know sometime I guess.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
They are larger but crassicauda and australis are larger. Gonetti is thicker and amourexi Clade is the largest currently known.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I personally have kept or am working most of black Androctonus sp. In the current hobby

akazaran

Arachnopeon
@Redjunior: I received my A Mauritanicus today. It is gorgeous with a super massive tail but it is definitely not a big scorp. And it is a female. To give as comparison it is smaller than my Smeringurus Mesaensis. But still impressive wit this deep black color and this huge tail.

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
I think I'll get some anyways. Tarantula Canada has a nice selection right now. I'll be keeping an eye open for the species mentioned. The bigger they are, the more venomous they are the more the intrigue me. Well, atleast we all learned something today. Haha!