Androctonus breeders/sellers?

Newports

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are there any specific Androctonus breeders/sellers?

It would be nice if there was since I want to get some mauritanicus and australis. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly when. So when ever deals pop up in the sale/trade section, they are usually gone in a short amount of time.

any help would be appreciated, thanks

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I found my female A. australis at a Petshop off of Rt. 9 in NJ. It was a place called "Pet Paradise" I think. Not far from Monroe, NJ. They knew what they were selling and carry other "hot" species. There are several people that sell these on the boards. You have to spend some time researching them first, and having all the supplies you need before hand, like a pair of really long tweezers. The decision to get one of these shouldn't be taken likely like just buying a bearded dragon or other pet. The Andructonus that I have are in hiding most of the time, and show no aggression or defensiveness. I get more of a kick out of the buthacus sp. scorpions I got in a trade. They are bright yellow, and quick to react and eat in front of me when I feed them.

Sharon

Newports

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, Im well aware of the fact that I have to be very cautious of my acts when I get any "hot" scorpion. I have been keeping some C. Exillicaudas and its been great. Now I want to step it up a notch. Maybe I'll just purchase one mauritanicus. What other hot scorpion do you suggest that does show some aggressivness?

thanks

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
funny thing about hots, most of the time I see people talk about them, they arent aggressive at all. Many of the tamer varieties of scorps seem to have more vim and vigor in them. Since they likely have to show off more to defend themselves, where an obvious hot species only has to run away.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, Im well aware of the fact that I have to be very cautious of my acts when I get any "hot" scorpion. I have been keeping some C. Exillicaudas and its been great. Now I want to step it up a notch. Maybe I'll just purchase one mauritanicus. What other hot scorpion do you suggest that does show some aggressivness?

thanks
Scorpions that have given me the stonewall are Hottentotta, Leiurus, and Parabuthus. They can be slow kick'n in the flight instinct and have tried the ol tail slap on my forceps in the past.

Never had any New World species belonging to either Tityus or Rhodalopus but hopefully in a month or two that will change.

They all seem pretty tame compared to some Asian Ts and high strung species of Scolopendra. Those are really interesting on the subject of aggression. But far be it from me to over state or under state anything.

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Since you've been keeping the Centurides, you should be able to keep an Andructonus species. I was surprised how inactive and scared mine are. Some of the Hottentota species are cool also. I have some really neat Buthacus species that I got from Jansen Exotics that are very active. I would reccomend those as well. The exact species they are is unknown, but they are very yellow and on the move most of the time. They will even sting the prey and take it from me from the tweezers, then eat while I'm watching them. Not knowing how hot they are, I just treat them with the same respect I do the A. australises. I'd suggest you search on what he has in the sale section or contact him. There are others selling interesting scorpions on here like Botar that are great as well. Its easier to find what you want on line, and most will write back and forth with you answering any questions you have.

Sharon