Androctonus Australis paired

arachno life

Arachnopeon
After the male being denied 2 times prior to this pairing she finally gave in and they paired. My question is should I try to pair them again to reassure she is impregnated? Also when would she start showing signs she is Gravid.

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yes I would pair them again in a week or 2. After feeding the female a few large feeders. She will swell up for the next year or so. Gestation is roughly 8 - 14 months

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good stuff, hope it works out for you in a year or so lol. Agreed with heavy feeding and a second pairing just to be safe.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Yes I would pair them again in a week or 2. After feeding the female a few large feeders. She will swell up for the next year or so. Gestation is roughly 8 - 14 months
When you pair them up again, you may observe the female gently sweeping the male away using her tail and not showing any interest. Then you can be sure she is impregnated.

arachno life

Arachnopeon
Interesting, she did that the prior attempts but then she allowed him this time.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Ok! Nice to know. My female only did the tail sweeping at the 2nd attempt and didn't want anything to do with the male.
I guess it's a difference in character.