Androctonus australis in the UK

Stu II

Arachnopeon
Does anyone know where I can get A. australis, preferably in the UK? Failing that, does anyone know of anywhere that will ship them legally to the UK, i.e., not via Royal Mail?

Any help would be much appreciated.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Personally, I would just post a want ad in classifieds. It is the easiest way to find others in the UK, as well as finding willing sellers of the sp.. Not sure if any big sellers have that species, but then again I haven't checked any of them. Hopefully you can find one :D

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I believe in the UK you need a license/permit to keep any Buthid. From what I remember the laws are pretty strict on it. Hopefully someone will chime in with better info.

Stu II

Arachnopeon
I believe in the UK you need a license/permit to keep any Buthid. From what I remember the laws are pretty strict on it. Hopefully someone will chime in with better info.
Thanks for the response. Yes, they are regulated under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976, and a license is required. This is not a species that I would keep privately. I am looking on behalf of my place of work, which is a licensed premises.

Personally, I would just post a want ad in classifieds. It is the easiest way to find others in the UK, as well as finding willing sellers of the sp.. Not sure if any big sellers have that species, but then again I haven't checked any of them. Hopefully you can find one :D
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
I have heard of guys in the UK getting their scorpions from breeders in Germany, maybe you can look into that?