Androctonus Australis Hector (Tunisia & Tendrara Morocco) PRO HELP

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I have only known there to be 1 type of Australis "Hector morph" from Tunisia but it has recently been brought to "MY attention" that there are a RARE few that come from (Tendrara morocco), there is VERY VERY VERY little research anywhere on them. The only proof I've actually seen of them is on for sale lists from German breeders.. I have yet to see anything on them here on AB ANYWHERE are their any "Australis pros" that can chime in and tell me of they know anything about them? I currently own 1.1 Hector from tunisia and have 1.1 Hector from Morocco on the way but would like to know more about the two..... I know Hector is a color morph but is there a worth noticing difference between these 2 hectors other than locality

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Well there are experts here with far more knowledge and experience than me but I would be happy to assist a fellow fanatic with their scorpion passion.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Something about cryptic highly venomous scorpions from remote regions of North Africa really intrigues me.

Stugy

Arachnolord
I have only known there to be 1 type of Australis "Hector morph" from Tunisia but it has recently been brought to "MY attention" that there are a RARE few that come from (Tendrara morocco), there is VERY VERY VERY little research anywhere on them. The only proof I've actually seen of them is on for sale lists from German breeders.. I have yet to see anything on them here on AB ANYWHERE are their any "Australis pros" that can chime in and tell me of they know anything about them? I currently own 1.1 Hector from tunisia and have 1.1 Hector from Morocco on the way but would like to know more about the two..... I know Hector is a color morph but is there a worth noticing difference between these 2 hectors other than locality
Well... If it is from a German breeder I would say it is probably true. Those Germans are real good with their scorpions and the European hobby tends to get non-U.S. species first anyways :/ May I ask which breeder is this from?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
One of them I've seen was off a Facebook page from a Guy in Germany. 2nd source and time I've seen them for sale was recentlly.from them same breeders that my 2 tunisia hectors came from. He has them labeled as
Hector (Tunisia) & Hector (Tendrara morocco). And another reliable breeder from Switzerland also has them labeled the same way on his for sale list

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I'm sure The person from Germany who has this rare locale specific morph of Australis hector is legit ..... BUT it wouldn't surprise me if others would try to capitalize on this new found locale morph by selling normal Tunisia hectors as the morroco hectors
Hectors are awesome in either case :)

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
I didn't chime in earlier because it may have been a conflict of interest. but yes....the hector from Tunisia and morocco are both legit. :)

!!!scorpionluva!!! where the heck have you been?! tried to text you the other day.

juanignacio

Arachnopeon
I just heard of this Hector morph don't have one yet but will have one as soon as my friend breeds successfully still must wait until then

THR

Arachnosquire
I was heard that the hectors from morocco are pitch black in both chela and metasoma, and the hectors from tunisia are comparatively lighter. Yet I've also seen records of hector from algeria, I wonder what do they look like.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Right THR,
Here is my pair of ones from Tunisia. both and adult.
When they were young, the chela and metasoma were close to ‘pitch black’ with slight gradiation. Then it become olive-ish brown. Ive been keeping mines in 3rd generation now , i found out that chelas on females are less dark than male ones.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As far as i know, in the hobby, the 'morrocan' hectors were more actively introduced in Germany from a couple guys in 2-3 years ago, including Georgio. I could be wrong.

THR

Arachnosquire
Right THR,
When they were young, the chela and metasoma were close to ‘pitch black’ with slight gradiation. Then it become olive-ish brown. Ive been keeping mines in 3rd generation now , i found out that chelas on females are less dark than male ones.
Yeah these are tunisia hectors. My defination is based on adults. Pics below are the usually-called morocco hectors.

Attachments

THR

Arachnosquire
Right THR,
As far as i know, in the hobby, the 'morrocan' hectors were more actively introduced in Germany from a couple guys in 2-3 years ago, including Georgio. I could be wrong.
But there are also questions on the hybrid. I wonder whether there are collected WC morphs which are actually posterities of tunisia and morocco morphs. That, I assume, depends whether there exisits a geographical barrier to prevent them from hybridization in the very first place. If the ones you bought from the sellers are pure, then it will be easier to define what a tunisia or morocco hector looks like. I think the morocco hectors are really rare, most hectors are from tunisia. So if you are going to define a hybrid, you must have a morocco hector. Below is a pic of a hybrid of AAH and AAL.

Attachments