Androctonus Australis Hector Morph

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
I see, but I was told that from instar 2 to 6i they have black chela, and when they turned adult the black chela disappears, is it due to crossbreeding?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
The specimens in photo are surely not hector morphs however yes as @Abhorsen mentioned some "hector" do lose coloration as adults but this varies tremendously within locality. "hector" speciems from Tunisia tens to be larger. The yellow coloration throughout the body, first few segments of the tail, the legs and the femurs. Is a very high contrast yellow and much brighter. The black tips are on average much darker and give off a real "hector"appearence.
Most of the specimens in recent years floating around europe and and the U.S. have been from around Morocco. These specimens on average in captivity have been a little smaller. The three body. Legs. Tails and arms being a lighter dirty blonde color. The black segments are black with young instars but does fail a lot once maturity hits. I'll post mature speciems from each locale currently available in hobby
1st pic is mature male specimen (Tunisia) 2nd pic is sub adult male (Tunisia)
20180922_124720.jpg FB_IMG_1548906646169.jpg

3rd and 4th pics are mature (Morocco) specimens 20191019_192934.jpg

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Thanks ArachnoDrew,

If those picture of mine are not Hector Morph, are they even pure breed Androctonus?

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
They look like the specimens that came in on egypt imports... where did u obtain these
It's going around in our country for quite some time now so I don't know, some hector morph here stays the same, some hector morph, their black chela disappears after reaching adulthood

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Some do yes. Not all. It varies between specimens. I'd say most lose color but sometimes you get ones that hold strong coloring