Androctonus australis black spots!!!!

S3V3R

Arachnopeon
Hey my Androctonus Australis is getting black spots on its legs that it never had before. It is still eating , and is active. Do you think it is trying to molt because Im not sure ?:confused:

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is probably not good news for your Androctonus, because it sounds like a fungus-infection (mycosis). It is very hard to get rid off.. You must (very carefully) inspect the rest of the scorpion, especially the belly and lungs. If the same black spots are there also, there is a big chance that it will not survive long... Personally I sometimes put scorpions with bad infections in the fridge, because the proces is agonizingly slow and probably a risk to your other scorpions as well.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You need to change your husbandry methods immediately. If you are getting fungal infections on that scorpion it is because the humidity is too high. You need to change the substrate to something completely dry and increase the ventilation so that the humidity can be lower. Make sure you are keeping it at the correct temperatures as well. How are you keeping it right now, can you provide pictures of the scorpion, its legs, and its set up? How old is the scorpion, adult juvenile, scorpling?

S3V3R

Arachnopeon
well ill try and get pictures up soon.i took the light cover off of the bulb and modified a 3 speed pc fan to ventilate the aquarium so now the environment is around 90 F with about 40% humidity. at least that is what my gauge in the tank says. it was a round 85 F with 45% humidity

Last edited:

S3V3R

Arachnopeon
i figured out where the humidity was coming from......i have the master room of the house with my own shower. i got out of the shower and checked on my scorp and noticed the humidity spiked to over 50% so i fixed the problem. the poor thing i didn't know:(