andrew zimmern = Tarantula murderer

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
On the flipside the Cambodians might look at us and think we're weird for keeping them as pets
Exactly. Lots of people keep pet pigs, but it doesn't make bacon any less tasty {D

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I want to try deep fried tarantulas. I love soft shell crabs and people say they are similar.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
:D its all about point of view some people worship cows but thats not stopping me from getting my big mac on ya know

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yer big mac had feelings and was probably named Lea or something!! =p

madTparty

Arachnopeon
I really don't see the difference between eating a steak, or a tarantula. How can you say it's wrong to eat a T, when you eat a cow, or pig? Either way you are still eating something dead...:barf:

I refuse to eat either.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I really don't see the difference between eating a steak, or a tarantula. How can you say it's wrong to eat a T, when you eat a cow, or pig? Either way you are still eating something dead...:barf:

I refuse to eat either.
Yeah really. Something dead's not the way to go.
"Give it to us raw and wriggling!!"{D

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ive always wanted to try tarantula. the fried ones look delicious. infact, i had an enormous old fart of a MM t.'guyana' that had done his job here and had been running out of steam that i considered freezing and frying but gave it to Jason instead :p. now if get him back...

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I would try one if i ever visited. As to sort of embrace the culture but i dont know if i would go as far as eat one in the US. Who knows it could catch on as an american style food for out going people. " Ill take a T. blondi and pepperoni pizza.. hold the urticating hairs please." {D

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just been to Thailand and was in an area where no tourist come. I was out looking foer haplopelma in the nature, but found only centipedes and scorpions. The people there have eaten all tarantulas in that area, so i am not so sure it is a good thing they eat them. They told me they take as many as they can, but unfortunately they must now do without tarantulas as a snack, because there are almost no one left to eat.

From my perspective, the only good thing was that they got really sick when they got bitten by them. One of the guys who picked them up was bitten at least 4 times, and told me they all got very sick when bitten.

Mara

Arachnopeon
I don't think I would ever eat spiders (or insects, for that matter). But that's just me, always been like that.
I've known about people from other cultures eating them, doesn't mean I would want to try it though.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I changed my opinion on eating Ts. I would only eat CB not WC. No just joking. It never crossed my mind they were over harvesting them. :wall: Its worst than importing them for the pet trade. I cant say i would want to be part of there extinction.