Andrew Smith Pokie Book???

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poecilotheria Tarantulas & The Tiger Spider Wallahs has been dangling in front of my brain for what seems like forever. Anyone hear of a publish date or ANYTHING???

Martin

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
no date yet sorry.hopefully soon tho.
this book is gonna be serious

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
I heard of this pokie book
http://www.herpeton-verlag.de/index.php?action=titelzeigen&titelnr=10042

I dunno if its available in english
http://www.poecilotheria.com/berichtebuchpoecilotheria.htm

These tree spiders from the genus Poecilotheria rank certainly among the most popular bird spiders in the hobby. Their colours are captivating and they achieve considerable sizes.
The offspring of some types is quite difficult to rear because of the missing knowledge of their natural living conditions. This may also be the reason why there are a lot of failed breeding attempts.
The target of the book is to offer the reader a general overview of genus Poecilotheria. This book has the necessary knowledge on the temperament and for successfully breeding this species.

The authors of this book are bird spider owners for many years and have been successful in maintaining and keeping Poecilotheria species. The offspring they have successfully reared are Poecilotheria types.

On the journey to their habitat, a lot new information was gathered by the authors. Contents are illustrated with spectacular photos.
species covered are P. fasciata, P. formosa, P. hanumavilasumica, P. metallica, P. miranda, P. ornata, P. pederseni, P. regalis, P. rufilata, P. smithi, P. striata, P. subfusca, P. tigrinawesseli, P. uniformis

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll wait until the English version comes out, I hate reading subtitles. ;)

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
Yeah, but those books weren't written by A. Smith. I hear they good though.

Ps.: this is an old thread. :D
Cool... Nice to hear that these are good books. I'll try to get a copy.
Yup... I agree its an old thread.
I think its better that I search for it because the search engine is my (and our) friend, rather than starting another new topic about it ;)