And another got bit... Yay!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So, now I've gotten two of my friends to adopt a tarantula... each of them adopted a G. rosea. I couldn't be more pleased.

Have you gotten any of your friends to jump on the wagon?

:clap:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Congratulations! I, too, have convinced my friend to get a tarantula. But she's really easy at convincing. I got her to adopt one of my quails O_O.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So, now I've gotten two of my friends to adopt a tarantula... each of them adopted a G. rosea. I couldn't be more pleased.

Have you gotten any of your friends to jump on the wagon?

:clap:
I'd hate to sound somewhat condescending but weren't you one of the people on that thread Ive just read about a guy trying to choose between getting a G.pulchripes or a B.vagans and everyone including yourself flamed him about his punctuation and grammar on the boards and now you cant be bothered to type properly either...... :rolleyes:

If you are going to post on a forum mostly inhabited by adults, then it is expected of you to spell properly and thoroughly. Just because you are too lazy to type your words out doesn't mean we have to tolerate the eyesores you call sentences.... :embarrassed:

Please keep this in mind when you post in the future.
And to answer your question, no I haven't managed to persuade any of my friends to get tarantulas.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'd hate to sound somewhat condescending but weren't you one of the people on that thread Ive just read about a guy trying to choose between getting a G.pulchripes or a B.vagans and everyone including yourself flamed him about his punctuation and grammar on the boards and now you cant be bothered to type properly either...... :rolleyes:

And to answer your question, no I haven't managed to persuade any of my friends to get tarantulas.
How is using gotten in that sentence incorrect?

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So what do you suggest for fixing this grammatical error?
Well I reckon if we could get the world to stop spinning for a few moments, then turn it back two and a half revolutions this terrible catastrophe may never have even occurred.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I'd hate to sound somewhat condescending but weren't you one of the people on that thread Ive just read about a guy trying to choose between getting a G.pulchripes or a B.vagans and everyone including yourself flamed him about his punctuation and grammar on the boards and now you cant be bothered to type properly either......
eYe think yur tha onlee 1 hoo notissD.{D

I don't think anyone can compare to that kids grammar. It was a hard thread to read. i think i got dumber reading it.:wall:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
eYe think yur tha onlee 1 hoo notissD.{D

I don't think anyone can compare to that kids grammar. It was a hard thread to read. i think i got dumber reading it.:wall:
Yeah, it seems like that "gotten" part is just something for mcluskyisms to get worked over. I mean, that kid was really bad at spelling.
P.S.
I felt a large clump of brain cells fall out of my ear after reading it.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mcluskyisms, you're comparing apples to oranges. We can actually read this poster's sentences, opposed to the kid in the other topic. Are you trying to start problems? Keep in mind the topic you started the other day got DELETED because of it's nonsense.

OP: Congrats on getting your friend to get a T. I've not yet convinced any of mine to get their own.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've already converted most of the people in my immediate circle of friends. {D Though none have purchased one yet, but that's just because of living situations and what not.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmmmm

Yeah, it seems like that "gotten" part is just something for mcluskyisms to get worked over. I mean, that kid was really bad at spelling.
P.S.
I felt a large clump of brain cells fall out of my ear after reading it.
mcluskyisms, you're comparing apples to oranges. We can actually read this poster's sentences, opposed to the kid in the other topic. Are you trying to start problems? Keep in mind the topic you started the other day got DELETED because of it's nonsense.
I'm not getting worked up or trying to start problems at all :)

I just thought Id point out one of the clique making the same minor mistakes that poor kid made on his own thread, that he was flamed for....

I like things to be fair. That's all.

kingrattus

Arachnoknight
Ignoring my Rescue friends, most of my other friends should NEVER own any pets. They are far too irresponisble & would either end up killing it, getting bitten, getting their idiot friends bitten, or using it as a stupid Status Pet. The rest that are responsible hate critters. If its not a fluffy puppy its evil :rolleyes:

Most wont even come over to my place.. but thats ok, its my T's home & all my pets come first ;):p

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm not getting worked up or trying to start problems at all :)

I just thought Id point out one of the clique making the same minor mistakes that poor kid made on his own thread, that he was flamed for....

I like things to be fair. That's all.
He wasn't flamed for that. Look, his topic was "which one if funner". He spelt enough "enuf" :wall: . He wasn't flamed for typing gotten. You, on the other hand, are flaming KoriTamashii for something that my English teacher wouldn't even notice on a pop-essay (look, she's a bit strict about her essays...).

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
He wasn't flamed for that. Look, his topic was "which one if funner". He spelt enough "enuf" :wall: . He wasn't flamed for typing gotten. You, on the other hand, are flaming KoriTamashii for something that my English teacher wouldn't even notice on a pop-essay (look, she's a bit strict about her essays...).
I'm not flaming anyone at all, just pointing out that those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

:embarrassed:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
You're really nitpicking. At least KT spelled everything correctly. I would have probably said gotten too.
"Have you gotten any of your friends to jump on the wagon?"
Perfect sentence right there.
"So, now I've gotten two of my friends to adopt a tarantula"
I probably would have said, "...now I've been able to get two..." Either way, what the OP of this topic typed was understandable and the "gotten" part was unnoticeable. You didn't need to point it out because there was nothing wrong with the first post. I don't need any more B[ee]S[ting] about how using gotten in a sentence like that is a grammatical error, or at least anything to be pointed out.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You're really nitpicking. At least KT spelled everything correctly. I would have probably said gotten too.
"Have you gotten any of your friends to jump on the wagon?"
Perfect sentence right there.
"So, now I've gotten two of my friends to adopt a tarantula"
I probably would have said, "...now I've been able to get two..." Either way, what the OP of this topic typed was understandable and the "gotten" part was unnoticeable. You didn't need to point it out because there was nothing wrong with the first post. I don't need any more B[ee]S[ting] about how using gotten in a sentence like that is a grammatical error, or at least anything to be pointed out.
I think it only right that you return this post back to the OP and if you've got a problem with me (which it is evident you do) then drop me a PM, you didn't have to escalate this thread into a petty squabble for your own self vindication.