Ancylometes spec. "Oyapok"

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

my remaining slings of that Ancylometes spec. "Oyapok" start to show some colours and stripes, guess there´s a meaning in this...

They differ much from the Ancylometes spec. Roura, this ones are much more skittish and had been even worse to raise, oh dear. The last specimens now seem fairly steady to me, but who knows for sure...

I really hope i´ll be able to keep these alive, as i have only 3 specimen left. By the markings and the general development of this spiders, i´d throw in a very wild (and early) guess and state, i have apparently one male and two females. The male is already a tad bigger than the females and since the last molt it shows some typical stripe marks at the sides of the carapace. These stripes are also present with the females, but far less prominent.

As is said, this is just a guess, a very wild one, but i´m pretty confident future will show, if i´m gonna be right or wrong.

Picture time, these are really a pain in the butt to shoot, they´re just so damn skittish! I had once my biggest specimen escape from me, when i tried to snap a pic, got him back by pure luck. Since then i´m much more cautios, when i take pics. Err...., to be honest i don´t take pics of this species, too often... :D

Supposed male:

Supposed female:

Greetings,

Stefan

Last edited: