Ancylometes sp ama, a few notes

CtenidaeMan

Arachnopeon
So I posted before about researching the species status of Ancylometes sp ama and now I want to share some notes about raising/keeping them. As all Ctenidae, Ancylometes spp in general are fast growers and good eaters. I received 0.0.5 in N2/N3 in late June 2020 and kept them in standard sling cups with just very moist substrate. As they put on size quickly, they were rehoused in bigger cups every few molts. Juveniles (especially freshly molted) show reddish/rust like looking colours with bright spots on the ophistosoma. For the bigger specimens I provided a vertical piece of cork bark for hiding/hanging up for molting, but the animals always used the top of the box to hang up for molting. As substrate I use a mixture of top soil and sphagnum moos to keep the humidity. Larger specimens lose the reddish colors, even after molting they have the genus typical brown pattern. They are pretty calm and easy to rehouse, Ancylometes can't really climb smooth surfaces. Sexing is quite easy because you can spot the spermatheca in molts from an early age on. Unfortunately out of 5 specimens, all 5 are females. I hope I can get a male for these as it would be nice to establish another Ancylometes than bogotensis in the hobby again. The pictures include different stages from sling to the current stage (semi/sub adult?)

Attachments

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
It's like a surprise face kick when people are upset about multiple females in here. 1219 is a beauty.