An inexpensive, working system

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Hello, since you seem to like my new shelf, I'll briefly introduce it.

It's simple, straightforward, and relatively inexpensive.
The shelf itself is from the Swedish furniture store. I could buy it used for 50 € (~ 61 $), new it would cost 120 € (~ 145 $).
The lighting is from Amazon, with 6 LED spots (linovum WEEVO) costing 34 € (~ 41 $). Here you can choose different properties (warm, neutral and cold light) - I like the cold as you can see from the pictures). The lights are even dimmable.
The individual compartments of the shelf are 33 cm wide, 33 cm high and 39 cm deep (13 x 13 x 15 inches). The shelf itself measures 182 cm x 182 cm (71 x 71 inches).
Ultimately perfect for the classic spider terrariums (since I don't like trap doors, you can see which manufacturer I prefer). It is heated via underfloor heating, the animals which need more heat are ultimately put up. If necessary, you can attach a small heating mat at the back. The system works, it's my second.
Even a filled shelf remains stable thanks to the intelligent design! I can absolutely recommend it. With a little luck, you can have a complete and attractive system for less than 150 € (~ 182 $).

DSCN5731.JPG
the shelf...

DSCN5723.JPG
fits perfectly...

DSCN5726.JPG
LED spot...

DSCN5729.JPG
still fits perfectly...

DSCN5732.JPG
...a must, as visitors are always frightened! :D

Last edited:

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
That is very attractive. :) I would suppose a beautiful setup like that would make spider-naive visitors have a better first impression of spiders than they would otherwise.

winter

Arachnosupporter +
I have the same cabinet at home but it's being used to hold kids' toys at this time. How's the ventilation for the 12 inch cube terrariums? I ask as they are vented at the front and the top; is there adequate room between the top vents and the cabinet surfaces for adequate ventilation?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
There are no problems with ventilation. There is 1.8 cm (0.7 inch) space to the top, so more than enough! Since I use Exos, I usually cover the first half of the fabric on the lid with plexiglass to control the humidity. In addition, the shelf is about a centimeter (0.4 inch) away from the wall, so that sufficient air circulation is always guaranteed.
top.jpg

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Soon the final version of the office shelf will be reached, in the top row all eight common
Psalmopoeus species will find their place! I just love them!

PXL_20210412_173701620.MP.jpg

8 legged

Arachnoprince
After someone nearby wanted to get rid of his shelf again, I thought about expanding the office system!
DSCN7299.JPG DSCN7300.JPG
DSCN7303.JPG

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
Beautiful enclosures! Such a relief to see nice glass and acrylic setups. You could almost see a couple family photos in the background 😂