An inexpensive, working system

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Beautiful enclosures! Such a relief to see nice glass and acrylic setups. You could almost see a couple family photos in the background 😂
Thank you!
Yes, I was so focused on the construction that I forgot to move the pictures! :lol:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I have done something similar in my bedroom with these organizers for my T’s although I just went for an 8cube organizer and not 25’s! They are great and I love that 12x12 enclosures fit in them. I have these cube organizers in every room in my house now except the bathroom. Aside from T’s it has given my and my gf a lot more ability to stay organized and neat in our 1br.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
"Erfolg mit Vogelspinnen" - is it any good?
No, I got the book as a gift at the end of the 90s. It's rubbish! "Vogelspinnen" by P. Klaas is a much better alternative!
But it has always been expanded, so you should prefer an edition after 2001!

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the info. I just bought it anyway :smug: as a historical document ;-). It was 4 € used. Let's see if it ramps up the bullshit meter as high as "Leben mit Vogelspinnen" by Karin Manns. I highly doubt it, because that book is atrocious. I'll make sure to inform you when I read through it ;-).

I still have Peter's "Vogelspinnen im Terrarium" (1989) in my bookshelf. Also a great historical document. Not a book by which I would do my husbandry, of course. I get my information here and on vogelspinnenforum.CH.

Do you happen to know if there are significant differences between the 2007 and 2013 edition of Peter's "Vogelspinnen"? The 2013 edition is sold out at the moment.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the info. I just bought it anyway :smug: as a historical document ;-). It was 4 € used. Let's see if it ramps up the bullshit meter as high as "Leben mit Vogelspinnen" by Karin Manns. I highly doubt it, because that book is atrocious. I'll make sure to inform you when I read through it ;-).

I still have Peter's "Vogelspinnen im Terrarium" (1989) in my bookshelf. Also a great historical document. Not a book by which I would do my husbandry, of course. I get my information here and on vogelspinnenforum.CH.

Do you happen to know if there are significant differences between the 2007 and 2013 edition of Peter's "Vogelspinnen"? The 2013 edition is sold out at the moment.
The pictures alone are worth € 4, it's good enough to browse - you just can't believe everything that's in there. My edition of "Vogelspinnen" is from 2003 and I don't miss anything. Some names have changed, otherwise this almost 20 year old work is already very extensive. But what you really don't need is "Vogelspinnen und Skorpione" by Rankin and Walls, that's real crap with a lot of misinformation.

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
But what you really don't need is "Vogelspinnen und Skorpione" by Rankin and Walls, that's real crap with a lot of misinformation.
Hmm... € 1,88 used... Sold! Thanks for the tip ;).

Don't worry. I add handwritten notes to all my tarantula books, just in case they might fall into the hands of someone who has no knowledge.

I'll stop hijacking this thread with off-topic now. Back to the setup :) .

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
Hmm... € 1,88 used... Sold! Thanks for the tip ;).

Don't worry. I add handwritten notes to all my tarantula books, just in case they might fall into the hands of someone who has no knowledge.

I'll stop hijacking this thread with off-topic now. Back to the setup :) .
Wow, impressive, have you considered breeding Ts?

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
Nope. Not experienced enough.
From what I hear it's very lucrative, and importance to the Ts to have a healthy life, you seem more experienced than most though, it might be something to consider : ) best wishes!

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
I just like to research/reference where the hobby is coming from. And I enjoy a good laugh. In "Leben mit Vogelspinnen" for example,the author had a tarantula with DKS treated with homeopathy by some quack vet.
My research also told me that breeding is not lucrative in the slightest 95% of the time.