An arachnoboards app?

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
I really love this forum and sometimes I wanna look at it on my phone, but when I open my browser my favorite forum is cramped and doesnt feel smooth. I feel like should be a standalone app for arachnoboards. I think that it would have great potential and bring in more hobbyists. (im not the biggest fan of tapatalk so if you have one and ive neglected to notice it, im sorry.)

WillyNilly418

Arachnopeon
Does anyone else think arachnoboards should have an IPhone/Android app? That would be the best thing ever! Push notifications for replies and messages and a whole section for pictures and stuff. Who can I contact to make this a thing and where can I donate?!

TRection

Arachnoknight
I think that would be pretty cool and convenient, especially since my laptop has totally had a meltdown and only works when it feels like it lately lol

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Not me. I think, on the other hand, that the less app/whatever, the better. Ain't talking from a 'Taliban - I hate technology' position, not at all, just that I find disgusting this modern world "need for app/s" rapture, no matter :angelic:

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Does anyone else think arachnoboards should have an IPhone/Android app? That would be the best thing ever! Push notifications for replies and messages and a whole section for pictures and stuff. Who can I contact to make this a thing and where can I donate?!
Apps are much more difficult to implement than you make it sound. Just about anyone can make an app for iPhones because there are only a couple models released every year. But Android is much more difficult - a dozen new models are released every year. Who will optimize the app for all variations of Android that manufacturers put on, and all the versions of Android on top of that? It's an undertaking that requires constant updates, tweaks, security updates, you name it.

In short, the owners of this site would need to hire an app development employee, and how do you suggest they have a steady income? Hosting a website is easy, that usually involves yearly fees. But you're asking for a paid staff. It's never going to happen, sorry.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I use this site exclusively on my phone. Before always on desktop. There's not a huge difference when you get used to it.

WillyNilly418

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for your comments, opinions, and help. I just thought it would be a good idea and wanted opinions wasn't really thinking about anything on the technical or modern standpoint. In my opinion it would bring more traffic to the tarantula hobby and business for arachnoboard breeders.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Oh, it isn't a BAD idea. Just difficult and costly to implement. Nothing wrong with tossing it out there, though.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Is tapatalk no longer a thing for this site ? It use to be a app that was user friendly to this site. However, I'm a fan of just using the normal AB.com site on my phones browser.

later, Tom

AshS

Arachnosquire
I use this site on my android phone. I just save the link to my hone screen and it appears as an app button Screenshot_20171024-234807.png

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I use this site exclusively on my phone. Before always on desktop. There's not a huge difference when you get used to it.
I don't know, I spend my life getting thrown off arachnoboards by Chrome.

[Okay seriously, it just happened AGAIN just right now! Argh!]

This has been happening so much more lately than it ever has before, and that has me wishing for an app. A girl can dream. :angelic:

I use this site on my android phone. I just save the link to my hone screen and it appears as an app button View attachment 255719
Dude! Nice wallpaper!!! I'm impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Oh if only! A nice stable one that doesn't toss you on your butt every time it backs up a little, as Chrome is so want to do! :arghh::sour::banghead::(

I understand however that it's a matter of money for development. Perhaps we could write a grant! Oh wait, that era is over. Well blast.